College

Yoongi packed his last pair of converse and threw on his snapback. His old childhood friend, Jungkook, a sort of strange but pleasantly entertaining kid just laid on his empty bed and stood staring at the ceiling.

"Hyung." Jungkook said, not even blinking at the wall. "Do you really got to leave? And leave me here all by myself in that sucky high school."

Suga threw himself into the bed, laying next to Jungkook. "Well, yeah." He shrugged. "I don't plan on staying at that sucky school for another year, besides." He nudged the younger. "You'll be heading off to college yourself in a few years." He gave Jungkook a warm, reassuring smile.

This was it, Yoongi was finally a high school graduate. To be honest he didn't think he would last, he was about ready to become a dropout. The day he moved out of his parents house and became a free man was the day he had been waiting for since he could remember. It wasn't because he wasn't grateful to his parents because rest assure he was more than so, but he always had this thriving desire for independence. He wanted to prove to everyone and himself that he could go and live off on his own and build himself into a better person.

After hanging out with Jungkook for the last time for at least a long while he began to move his boxes down to his dad's old car. It was a parting gift. He got into the car and looked at himself in the mirror before starting the engine.

"Alright Yoongi. You got this." He said to himself.

* * *

Driving onto campus was like driving into freedom. Even the air tasted better. As he pulled up into a parking spot a kid on a skateboard rode in front of him and he slammed the brakes, the kid jumped off his board and into the grass in front of him.

"Woah! Dude, are you okay?" He called out from his car, God Yoongi, not even twenty minutes on campus and he already almost killed a kid.

The boy sprung up from the bushes and thumbed up Yoongi. "Turn up!" He yelled and jumped back onto his skateboard, skating away. Man, college was crazy.

After visiting the visitors center they game him his dorm key and directed him towards his dorm. When he got the the door he stood staring at it for a while, why was he so nervous to open a door, no, his own door. What if his roommate was already inside, would it be weird to just walk in. Should he knock first? Or was that weird? It didn't matter, he was going to have to meet his roommate sooner or later so he might as wel-

"Are you going to stand there or go in?" The voice came from behind Yoongi and he quickly spun around. In front of him was a boy, probably younger than him, he had a long face and parted his light brown hair down the middle, which was a good look for him Yoongi had to admit. He wore a floral shirt and some sort of colorful shorts, almost too bright for Yoongi.

"You Hoseok?" Yoongi asked.

"Yep, I take it that you're Yoongi then." He smiled and before Yoongi could even respond grabbed a few boxes and shoved Yoongi into the room. "I've been waiting for you to show up."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah, It's pretty lonely without a roommate. I had one a few weeks ago but I requested a change because me and Namjoon didn't get along too well, especially after-" Hoseok nudged the thought off and proceeded to talk about his interesting horse decor on his half on the room. Yoongi made a mental note to remember that name, Namjoon. It sounded familiar.

* * *

The first month of school or so was pretty easy, he was majoring in music. He later learned his roommate was a dancer. Hoseok was a bit of a party animal and often went out on Friday and Saturday nights, he offered to bring along Yoongi but Yoongi would rather work on his music.