Chapter 23

I do not own Hetalia, Hidekaz Himaruya does.

_____________________________________________________________________________

        America, Germany, Canada, Oliver, and Allen silently surrounded the premises where they believed Arthur and the little girl to be. It was a quaint little house, something you'd find in a fairytale. Armed to the teeth, the countries' only goal was to get Alex and the other girl's 2p instinct out of them. Oliver had immediately thought of the fact that, once his instinct was back, he'd go on a killing spree, so he told the others to leave him alone for a few days (or weeks) to 'adjust, because the process will be painful for me'. Secretly, he had pulled Allen aside and told him the truth. And he, being the loyalist the idiot was, had promised to stay on his side regardless.

        America heard nothing, and soon it was dark. No lights were on, and the cabin showed no signs of life. It hadn't at all, not since they had gotten and surrounded it. Allen, stiff from crouching for who-knows-how-long, stood up and stretched, yawning. America resisted the urge to punch him. This was suposed to be a stake out! You don't stand up and yawn at a stake out!

        Allen caught his eye, expression emotionless. "Oi, stupid, we've been here for hours, and no sign of life has made itself known. Let's go, they're not here."

        "I thought you said you were smart? They could be waiting for us to let our guard down. Suck it up and get back in position."

        Something flashed in Allen's eyes. "No, we've been here for hours! If they come out, and we're too tired to do anything, they could switch our instincts and we wouldn't be able to do anything!"

        America stood up. "You idiot! You're a soldier, you've been through worse- I know you have!"

        "Regardless of that, it's been a long time sonce then!"

        "Well, if you want Oliver's 1p to switch personalities with him, then I'd be attracted to who? The one with the personality or the one with the looks?"

        "One, I thought you were stupid. Two, we're loyalists, of course you'll go for the personality. Three, then I'd go for Arthur." he growled.

        Oliver stood up, offended. "So sorry, could you repeat what you said? Just that last part."

        "Shit. Oliver, you know what I meant!"

        "It doesn't matter what you meant, it's how the other person took it that matters!"

        "I'm sorry!"

        "So you should be!"

        "Don't be like that!"

        Alfred smirked, knowing that his 2p had just gotten himself whipped. "Dude, you better apologize before his instinct puts him in a really bad mood."

        "Don't call me 'dude'." he turned to Oliver. "What do you want me to do to make it up to you?"

        He sniffed in disdain. "If you really have to ask, you don't really care enough to pay attention other than when your life's at risk."

        "You know that's not true." he glared at Oliver. "Quit being a brat."

        "Oh, and now you're calling me names."

        Allen walked over to Oliver. "Oliver, you idiot," he knelt down and pulled something ot of his pocket. "you know I'm shit at this, and I'm not a romantic person. But will you marry me anyway?"

        Oliver hit him over the head. Allen slunk back, and Alfred laughed at the rejection. At least, until Oliver smirked and said, "Wanna know a secret?"

        "..Not really.."

        "Too bad. I already knew you were going to do that, and I already knew my answer: yes."

        Allen instantly brightened, but then gave him a questioning look. "How'd ya know?"

        "That time I refused to see you for a week? And when you bust the door down, I was crying?"

        "It was my own house, and you locked me out. Yeah?"

        "I found it in your video games, with my name on the nside of the box."

        He deadpanned. "How could I have been so stupid? I gave it away!"

        Alfred laughed. "Idiot! Ha, Arthur still hasn't found his ye-"

        He cut himself off, silent now that his secret had been given away. Allen was staring at him, shocked, and Oliver was glaring daggers at him, a feeling of protectiveness for Arthur coming from raising him for a few years. Allen shrugged, hugged Oliver, and Alfred grinned sheepishly, a blush on his features.

        All of a sudden, a black light flashed around them, and soon engulfed them. They all heard a cruel chuckle. "Hasn't your mother taught you manners? It's rude to not share! Let the instincts come out and play~"

_____________________________________________________________________________

. !!! See, I just had to add the period, or the story wouldn't have felt complete to me! .!!! .!!!! .!!!!! Anyway, this will probably be the shortest chapter. It has been so far! Sorry for not updating, I'm writing a personal story and several one-shots. *Shrugs*