Chapter 2

I got up and into the shower to get ready for my day. I curled my hair and put a white strapless top on with my pink high-low skirt on. Then I topped the outfit off with a pair of matching pink heels. I put my makeup on making my blue eyes pop and then went and got into my car and drove to school. I am a junior at William Forrest High. I get out of my car and lock it grabbing my bag from the passenger seat and walking into the school. I walk into the cafeteria to wait till they let us go to our classes because I am earlier than usual today. I see my best guy friend Scott, walk into with a pair of jeans on that hung low on his hips and a Abercrombie & Fitch collared shirt on that showed the bottom of his stomach. I bite my lip trying not to stare at my best friend. We have been best friends since we were little kids. He was my next door neighbor but he told me yesterday before I left that he didn't need a ride today. I stand up and hug him liking how his arms make me feel safe. "Wow Cass, you look great today." "Thanks Scott, where is Kels?" Kelsey was Scott's girlfriend and I hated her with a passion but I couldn't let him know that. "I don't know. Mom let me drive to school today and she hasn't texted me back this morning." I chew on my lip a little because I was sort of happy she wasn't here. Then a short,blonde girl with curves that every girl would die for in a pair of tight jeans and a hoodie came into the cafeteria looking upset.

"Scott, did you forget what today is?" "No, it's Friday." I put my face into my hands. He really forget Valentine's day. No wonder Kelsey looked upset. She walked towards us and didn't say a word to Scott."Hey Cassie. You look great today. I didn't have a good morning because my boyfriend forgot today was valentines day."

Scott's eyes got wide and he knew he had messed up. "Shit, Kelsey baby I am so sorry. Let me make it up to you and take you out to dinner tonight." He batted his grey eyes at her and she was pudding in his fingers. She smiles and walks to him, "Okay, but I deserve more than dinner." He nods not letting her know what he is going to do. The bell rang for class and I left the cafeteria to my first class of the day, putting a smile on my face even though I felt alone in this hall full of people. I smiled and waved to everyone in the hall. I walked into my class and sat down with my headphones in not really paying attention. I was in my own world where nothing bad happened to me, where I did cut or hurt, where I didn't get yelled at or beat by my father. Just then someone broke my thought and I looked up into a pair of sapphire blue eyes and I pulled my headphones out.

"Hi," I said not knowing what else to say because I knew I couldn't look away from his eyes. I looked down so he didn't think I was staring at him. "Hi, I am Austin. I just moved here from Atlanta." I look back up into his eyes and bite my lower lip, "I am Cassandra but everyone calls me Cassie." "Well I guess I will be seeing you around Cassie," he bites his lip as he runs his fingers through his jet black hair as he takes the seat behind me.

Class starts and I can feel his eyes piercing into my back. Once class is over I stand up and grab my bag and everything decides to fall out of it. "Fuck," I say as I bend over scooping everything into my bag and then I feel someone standing behind me so I stand up and there is Austin.