Chapter 2

Approaching the house ,I realized that the press had already received wind of Vincent's murder and had launched a massive attack on his estate. The police officers looked hapless as they tried their possible best to keep them at bay.

The gravels crunched as I parked my Rezvani behind Chief's old beat up Chevrolet Caprice."He shouldn't be far off from here," I chuckled to myself. I see the officer that led me here round the corner with his car and I give him a two finger military styled salute. He returns it with a smile as I walk off in search of Chief.

I hear a slight movement behind me and quickly turn karate style to realize it's nothing but the trees dancing with the night winds. The mystery had not even started and I had my shit all over the place. I had to find Chief and it had to be soon.

"We have assigned one of our best detectives in the whole of Canada on this case and he's going to arrive here shortly to assess the situation and I personally promise you that whoever is responsible for this will be facing the full rigors of the law very soon,"I hear the Chief say as I near the massive hall. I hide behind one of the huge vases set in the hall.

The pressmen obviously the créme de la créme unlike the ones outside the premises filed out obviously disgruntled they couldn't get all the juice out of this one.

"Eddie should have arrived a fucking half hour ago," he bellows. I swear I could literally see fumes pour out of his ears as he spoke. "Right here Chief," I respond cheekily as I step out of the shadows. "Well it was about time," he sighs obviously washed by a feeling of relief.

Drenched in sweat he beckons me to come closer. "Boy you have to have to help me pull this one in I'm in one heck of a tight situation. Everyone who is somebody wants to know what happened to Vincent Donald as soon as yesterday," he says exhausted. "I'll try my best Chief ," I say to him.

"You're the best Eddie," he says looking into my eyes.

So I've had 9 reads so far thanks to everyone who has even bothered to read it I appreciate it so much and as I promised I'll make sure to update every few days. Thank you❤️