Chapter 8

I stared out in the garden thinking about yesterday. I didn't know where to go from here, I just couldn't think straight.

I usually have a plan for everything, but this is all crazy. It was only yesterday that I got arrested for punching Maranda, but it seems like it was weeks ago.

Everything was normal, I just had the stupid petty gangs to deal with, but now I've got the fucking cartel on my ass.

Like seriously? Don't I have enough to deal with for a 19 year old?

I knew I had to play this smart, that was one thing I did know.

My family, my gang, they were all part of this without even knowing and I had them all to protect, especially my brother.

I'd kill all of them if they even thought about hurting Braiden.

He's the one person who has always been there for me even at such a young age. He was spot on with what he said last night, he definitely protects me in some way.

He always brings a true smile to my face, if I'm down he does his crazy shit and makes me laugh, he's the one I've done everything for, making sure he had everything he needed.

The thought of anyone hurting my little brother pissed me off beyond anything, my right hand pushing everything off the table out of anger

"Alex" I snapped my head behind me ready to kick off at whoever it was, to see James stood there, is hands tucked into his jean pockets, looking uncomfortable.

"What?" I asked with gritted teeth, reminding myself that I wasn't mad at James, just the whole situation I was in.

"You have some visitors" He spoke not looking me in the eyes.

"Well tell my visitors I'm busy" I told him turning to back around.

What am I supposed to do about my parents? Now they're back will they want Braiden back? Will they take him away from me? Do they even want anything to do with us?

If the cartel wasn't coming for me, would they still be here?

"It's your parents"

What the hell do they want? Can they not give me some time to process everything?

"Fine" I let out a breath standing up, walking into the house, only to stop when James grabbed my wrist.

"Look Alex, Blake, Gavin, Cj, and myself, we know we don't have anyone, but you, you've got Braiden and your parents are alive. I'm not saying this to make you go running in there playing happy families, but just think about what you have a second chance with"

I stared at James shocked, he'd never gone soft. He's tough, he doesn't do emotions.

Just like me, he puts up a front, acting if nothing bothered him, when in fact deep down it did.

But it seems that neither of us could put on a mask right now.

I nodded my head slowly. "Tell anyone about this, I will kill you" I raised my eyebrows at his threat, making him gulp.

Without saying anything I ripped my arm out of his grip and made my way to the hallway to see my parents stood looking at the pictures that was hung up on the wall.

My house looks nothing like a gangleader house, for a start I had family photos from over the years hung up, everything was clean, and I don't have drugs sat in every corner of the house.

But I like it like that, this is where my brother lives and I wouldn't want him living in a crack den, plus I'd be locked up by now.

"You look tired" Was the first thing my mother said once they noticed me stood there.