Part 29 - Deals With The Past

"TERRACE"

Nandini's phone beeped with the notification as soon as she stepped into the office premises.

That was all that the message read.

"👆QUICK👆"

Another ting.

At the drop of a hat, she lifted her gaze. The bright sunlight made her scrunch, barred her eyesight from reaching the heavens.

She lifted her hand and formed a canopy providing shade right above her eyes to help her see distinctly.

About metres overhead, she discovered Manik leaning by the railing of the terrace with mobile gripped in one of his hands. His fresh morning appearance and illuminated face made her smile.

Her bright 'batteesi' flashed and she waved her hand up at him.

"HI"

She lip-synched.

"YOU 👇👇 👌👌👌"

His expressions and gestures conveyed the message. Almost immediately, a blush crept up. Nandini first looked down at her dress and the next second she was scaning her vicinity to check if anyone witnessed their moment.

Huff!

With a breath of relief she looked up again.

"COME UP"

Manik using his hands again, gestured her and Nandini lifted her eyebrows in confusion and question.

"JUST COME"

His actions depicted full well the urgency of his words.

"✋"

She indicated 'five', displaying her palm and fingers wide open.

After exchanging smiles she walked into the building.

As soon as Nandini disappeared from his sight, Manik announced,

"she'll be here in 5"

~~~***~~~

Nandini passed the huge glass walls erected on the terrace and at last reached the open roof where she came across a beautiful cityscape. It filled her nerves with freshness and energy.

In the middle of the terrace, placed a wide table with chairs all around.
An extravagant feast set.
Variety of healthy dishes adorned the table and cool breeze blowing made the set up appear more serene and peaceful.

"wow!"

A short and quick sound escaped her lips listening to which Manik, who yet stood in his former position, leaning over the railings, rotated on his heels.

He smiled brightly and Nandini walked further down to embrace him in a comfortable and loving hug.

"good morning!"

Both said as they parted away.

"Impressive!"

Nandini then faced the table and gave an appreciating smile.

"yeh sab dekh kar toh aur bhi bhook lag rhi hai... But Manik, do logon ke hisaab se khaana thoda zyada nhi hai? I mean... If you are comfortable in eating all of that..."

She left her words mid way and again turned to face Manik.

Manik parted his lips to speak but shut them right away. Instantly, Nandini was crushed between 2 thin, long and toned arms.