Eleven

Alex POV

I stick a ruler down my cast and scratch myself.

"Quit that babe." Angie says ruffling my hair.

"But I'm sooo itchy little bird!" I grumble as she takes the ruler from my grasp.

"It's only been a week. Cmon lets get you to class." She says wrapping her arms around my neck from behind and kissing my cheek. I roll ahead of her and get into the elevator. Thomas and Madison are also in the elevator. Madison had bad asthma attack and couldn't use stairs. Someone always had to monitor him. Today Thomas was doing the honors. Great. With a loud sigh I press the button for the fourth floor. I glare at Jefferson. He glares back. James grips his arm and Angie lays a soothing hand on my shoulder. I bristle at the tall man.

"Go ahead, cripple." Thomas hisses when the elevator opens. I roll my eyes and head to debate class.

"Good morning class. Today we will begin working on our two month project for your exams. You and your partner will find a subject you disagree on that makes sense and will write a three page essay about your point. Then you will hold the debate in here whenever you schedule. And no you will not choose a partner. This is not third grade. First group is Peggy and Eliza. Thomas and Alexander." He says. My heart skips a beat.

"But sir!" Jefferson and I cry in unison.

"No ifs, ands, or buts, about it. Next group Lafayette and James." George continues to list names as me and Thomas glare at each other. Everyone moves to sit with their partner. Thomas moves right next to me. He glares down and me. I glare back.

"So what are we gonna do the project on?" I ask coldly. "I was thinking about the wage gap."

"Definitely not. We should do it about wether or not it's okay that mothers often get the kids in a divorce out of favoritism." Jefferson says in a matter-of-factly tone.

"We're doing the wage gap, idiot." I bark. The tall man sighs and nods.

After school we go to my dorm to research. When we get there I feel sick. As we're working I turn almost green.

"Hamilton? You okay?" Jefferson asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"Get... m-me... a tr-trash can, you a-asshat." I mumble trying not to puke. He jumps up and grabs a trash can from the bathroom. When he hands it to me I puke up my insides.

"You gonna make it, Alexander?" He smirks.

"Didn't.. kn-know we w-were on a f-first nam-name basissss." I stammer before puking again. Jefferson holds my hair back as I puke into the trash can.

"Babe? Lexi? Came to check on you. Sorry if I'm being clingy. I just worry." Angie says coming in. I smile weakly before puking again. Angie runs into the room to find my head hovering over a trash can while Jefferson holds my hair back.

"H-hey l-little bi-" I am cut off by puking again. Jefferson looks at me horrified.

"Hey. Hey. Babe. It's okay. I'll go get you some soup." Angie tells me. I nod.

"Do you call your girlfriend 'little bitch?'" Jefferson asks.

"Li-little bird." I force out. He uses his free hand to pat my back, making me puke again. At this point it's mostly bile coming up, but it's still disgusting. I hear a microwave ding and Angie rushes in holding a steaming bowl. She feeds me some tomato soup.

"I'll make some jello as well. You probably don't want any solids right now." Angie says. I smile weakly.

"Your burning up." Jefferson says with a smile, putting the hand he patted my with to my forehead.

"I-I'm sw-sweating like no t-tomorrow, Jefferson, I kn-know thisss." I croak. The man laughs.

"Babe, I gotta go. Something happened to 'Liza.". Angie says and races out.

"Jefferson." I whine he stands up.

"I'm getting you some water." He says.

"Jefffeeeersooon." I whine again.

"What do you need baby girl?" He says and I blush hard. Suddenly I have zero filter.

"I miiiiissss you. Waasss my brother bettttter than me in beddd? Why are you an assssshole? Why'd you cheeeat?" The last thing is a legitimate question. Jefferson chuckles, smirks, then struts into the kitchen. He returns with a glass of water.

"Drink it, Baby Girl." He commands. I obey and sip on the water.

"Answer myyyy questioons pleeeeeaaaase." I whine.

"O-okay? I don't remember if your brother was better than you in bed. I'm an asshole because I wish you were mine. I cheated because I-i-i didn't know how to say 'no.'" Thomas says

"Can I kiiiiisssss yoooouuuu?" I ask.

"No." Thomas says.

"But whyyyyyyyy?" I whine.

"One, you have a girlfriend. Two, you're very sick." He says.

Thomas POV.

"I liiiike yooouuu bettter thoouuugh." Alex whines.

"I'm sure you don't mean that, silly." I say with a smile.

"Do yoouuu haaattte meeee?" He asks, tears in his eyes.

"No! I mean I love you.... I love you." I respond, blushing bright red.

"Tommmyyyy hasss a cruu-ushh." He says. "I like you too." He says in a normal voice. The short man's leans in to kiss me, but Lafayette and Hercules burst in.

"Lex! We are hooooome." Laf shouts. When he walk into the dining room he scrunched his face in disgust. "Why is there a wendigo in mon kitchen? And what is that smell?" Lafayette demands.

"We were working on a project and he got really sick." I explain

"And why is he so close to your face?" Hercules asks poking his head in.

Fuck.