Good Bye

11 M O N T H S  L A T E R
///////////////////////////

"Barry!" Nora shouts waking her son from his daydream.
She had been talking to him for the past ten minutes while she was picking up random objects in the house that were misplaced when she had turned towards her son, who sat on the couch and realized he was zoned out.

"Yes" he replays looking up as she sits down next to him moving his feet to the floor. "What's got you so distracted?" Nora wondered if it was Caitlin the girl he had mentioned two weeks ago. Her son had never been one to date but she saw it in his eyes when he mention her and she knew that Caitlin must be special.

"Mom" Barry turns facing his mom. "I think I love her." Nora studies her sons face. She always could read his emotions like a book and now she was reading that her son was scarred of something but she didn't know what. "What are you scared of?"

Barry looks away from his mother knowing he can only tell her the partial truth. "She is leaving in a couple of days...and I will possibly never see her again." Nora knows that her son is lying about something just as he has been hiding something from her for be past week but she chooses to follow her heart. Sensing that there is something more that he can not talk about.

"Then you need to tell her how you feel" the red head places a hand on her sons cheek "and you tell her you will see her again because you will find away."

"Gosh mom" Barry laughs "I didn't know you were such a romantic. "Thank you mom." Barry says sincerely. He then pulls his mom into a tight hug. Nora feels the emotion radiating off of her son. For some reason the hug almost feels like a goodbye causing her to hold on to her baby boy tighter.

Earlier that day Barry had stopped by his fathers work and told him how proud he was to have him as his father. His father had been delighted at the lunch and the love that his son was showing. He had commented that it felt like Father's Day. Leaving his work Barry had told his father that he loved him. Henry then felt the same pull that Nora would later feel causing him to pull his son into a unknowing goodbye hug.

Leaving his mothers house for the last time Barry lets a tear fall. Today is his last day in a world with his mother and father and with the women who loves him back. After his real date with Caitlin Barry quickly fell for the Ice Queen and she with the Scarlett Speedster. The days that followed were spent in each other's apartments talking about time travel and each other. Soon they came to the conclusion that the only way to return Barry to the right earth was the particle accelerator explosion.

The particle accelerator was built in the empty building that would have been S.T.A.R. Labs had Dr. Wells been alive. Barry had chosen the location because it was the only building that could contain maximum impact. He had stressed the importance of this because if this earth, this time line went on with his absence he wanted to minimize the damage. Caitlin refused to let herself think of what would happen if her timeline continued with out Barry.

Today Caitlin had sent the text both of them had been putting off. The particle accelerator was finished. Having finished his goodbyes Barry drives to the familiar S.T.A.R. Labs building.

__________________

Staring at the closed doors that shielded the particle accelerator from the outside world I let the tears fall.

"Cait" I go to quickly wipe my tears away but the man I have come to love takes my arm forcing me to turn towards him. Barry engulfs me in his strong arms. Allowing me to burry my head in his chest soaking his red shirt with my tears. "I'm being so selfish. I just keep thinking what happens if I'm left here alone? What happens if this doesn't work?" I sob into his chest.

I feel Barry's chest rise and fall, his check on my head, and his heart's rhythmic beat. "You are not selfish. You are the most selfless person I know. You are the woman I love. I love you with everything in me Caitlin Snow" I hear his heart beat accelerate.

We have never spoken the words I love you. I look up at the hazel eyes I have found a home in. "I love you to Barry Allen" I reach up to place my lips on his. His arms go lower as he deepens the kiss allowing him to pick me up. I wrap my legs around his waist as he opens his mouth attacking my tongue. I feel my back hit the wall as he moves his kisses down my neck allowing me to catch my breath.

"I will find you Caitlin Snow." He states in between kisses moving up my jaw. "I will always find you." His lips connect with mine once again. His force and passion sinks into my skin as if trying to imprint the sensation forever in our memories.

Setting me on my feet Barry places his forehead on mine letting us breathe each other in. "We should go" he whispers not wanting to end this moment. I reach up to place a soft kiss on his lips and I take his hand in mine. He opens the door letting our gaze rest on the contraption Barry will be restrained in.

"I don't like this Barry." Before he can respond Cisco interjects. "You know as well as all of us Caitlin that Barry has to recreate the circumstance that occurred when he was struck by lightning that was created by the particle accelerator."

I look up to the man I love wishing there was another way. Something that didn't put his life at risk.

Cisco had joined our team when I had mentioned him to Barry. Both were very excited to work together. "It's ready" Cisco turns toward his new friend.

"Cait" Barry starts. "I know" I smile placing my hands on his face "I love you too" he ducks his head to place a soft but emotional kiss on my lips. Releasing his tight grasp on me he walks over to the restraint that Cisco wraps around him. "Okay Caitlin you need to inject Barry while I go be Zeus." Cisco takes off up to the roof while I give my boyfriend a shot. As the liquid reaches his bloodstream I feel Barry cringe. "Barry" I fight the urge to throw the other syringe but I force my thumb down forcing the last of the chemicals into his blood. "I'm fine Cait" his voice escalates in volume as he is unable to control his posture.

"Now!" I shout to Cisco through the walikie. I quickly back away unable to take my eyes of of the man before me. "Okay! One! Two! THREE!" Cisco screams as lightning wraps around the orb that binds Barry. In that second all that fills the air is the horrific sound of Barry screaming. Every instinct in my body is telling me to stop this machine. Cisco comes running as Barry's screams abruptly end. "Barry" I shout. There is a thick fog blocking my sight. Cisco grabs my arms trying to hold me back as our vision clears. I fall to my knees when I see a pile of ash where Barry was standing. "No!" I hear a voice screaming. Soon the scream melts into my own.

"Caitlin!" Cisco shakes me but I can't see anything. I just killed him. He's gone. "Cait" I hear his voice and then I feel his warm touch on my cheek. I refuse to open my eyes not wanting to allusion to end. "Cait I'm alive" the hand pulls my head away from my arms. I open my eyes to see the most beautiful hazel eyes now surrounded by the familiar red suit from my dream. "Barry" I sob.