Chapter 10

Kyra's POV

[A week Later]

It's my Birthday today.. December 7, 20**

I smiled as i Remembered my parents. This is also the day they died. They died because of me.

It was all my fault.

I'm now standing infront of their grave. I smiled and sat down and lay the flowers that i brought to their graves.

"Mama.. Papa.. I miss you guys so much. Why do you have to leave so soon? Why?.." Tears fell from my eyes as i continued.

"Mama.. Papa.. It's my birthday today. It has been three years since, i stopped Celebrating my birthday with you guys. It feels so wrong to celebrate when i know that, You guys aren't here." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

I smiled as i told them about Tyler. "Mama, Someone is courting me now. I plan to give him my yes, but first i want you to know about him."

No, This feels so wrong. I sobbed. "Papa, I thought you wouldn't let anyone court me because i'm your princess.." I bit my lower lip so hard as i stopped myself from breaking down..

"Ma, pa i can't handle this without you. Why did you have to leave?! Can you atleast visit me?" I sobbed as i lay in between their graves.

I felt myself have troubles breathing so i quickly grabbed my phone and called for help.

"S-serina.. Help me.." I cried out.

"What?! Where are you?!" I heard her say in a Worried tone.

"Grave.." I said as i tried to regain my breath.

And that's when Everything turned black..

****

Serina's POV

"Hello?! Hello?! KYRA!!!" I cussed and quickly grabbed my car keys and drove to where she is.

As i drived, I kept myself listening to the Call since she hasn't hung up yet. "Kyra, What happened?" But silence is all that i heard.

I prayed silently as I reached the Graveyard where her Parents are buried.

I parked my car at the side and quickly went out to find Kyra.

Her parent's is buried somewhere near the left side, so i went to that place.

I saw a girl, Lying in between a tombstone. I ran to to her and saw a Pale Kyra lying there.

My eyes widened as i fell on my knees, trying to wake her up. I checked her pulse and sighed in relief when i felt her heart beat but still, It's a little bit weak.

I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

****

The ambulance came and brought Kyra to the Hospital. I followed, using my Car.

When we got to to the hospital, Kyra was immediately rushed to the Emergency room, i was left behind because they Didn't allow me to come in.

I sighed as i paced back and forth. I don't know what to do. What should i do?

I pulled my hair out of anxiety. What should i do? Should i call someone? Tyler? No. Kyra doesn't want anyone to worry.

But i freaking am! I don't know what to do. I stopped pacing and took a deep breath to calm myself. I sat on one of the chairs.

I sighed. Should i call Mom? I.. What should i do? I bit my lower lip as i thought of possible solutions.

After an Hour, The Doctor finally came out. "Uhm. Where should i start? Ah yeah. Did your friend has ever mentioned something about her Health issues?" He asked, and i Shook my head, Confused. Why is he asking me that?

"No, Why?"

He sighed and took off his mask. "You friend, has an disease called VSD."

"She needs to be operated."

"What? Why?" My eyes widened at what he said.

"Your friend has a hole at her heart. I know her. She is Kyra Rivas right?" He said again.
And i nodded.

"I'm the doctor who helped Her mom give birth to Kyra. So as i was saying, When a baby is born with VSD, the holes at her/his heart usually closes in a period of time. But hers didn't. Her parents can't afford the operation to close the holes, And it seems like, it hasn't been taken care of. The hole grew more larger."

I suddenly felt my world crash. My bestfriend.. Tears fell from my eyes. "Is it fatal?" I asked.

"Yes it is." He said.

I sat down once again on the hospital chairs. "Is she awake now?" I asked.

"Not yet, She needs rest. She is gonna be transfered to room 101." I forced a smile and said thanks.

He just nod and walked off.

Kyra..

I don't know what to do without you. You wouldn't die right? I brought my hands to my face and cried.

--

Kyra's POV

I felt someone hold my hands, and that's when i opened my eyes.

I saw Serina, smiling down at me. "How are you feeling? Are you alright?" She asked, helping me sit up.

"I'm fine.. What am i doing here?" I asked as i looked around.

Please don't tell me..

She sat down at the Couch at the side and sighed. "Kyra.. You fainted. Do you know that, you a have disease called VSD? (Ventrical Septal Defect)" She asked and i bit my lower lip and looked down.

I laughed bitterly. "Yes i know. How did you found out?" I asked her.

"You need to be operated as soon as possible. You have to. I'll pay for it-" I cut her off.

"It's okay Serina. I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. I don't want to go on an Operation. It's pretty dangerous." I reasoned but she just sighed.

"Kyra please-"

"I said No, Serina. It's final." I sternly said and she kept quiet.

"When will i be discharged?" I asked her.

"You can go home now.. I'll just call the Nurse." I called her before she could even open the door.

"Serina.. I'm sorry okay? I just don't want to.." I sighed..

I don't want to be treated special just because of this f*cking disease. I hate it. I don't want them to worry. I heard her sigh.

She turned to look at me. "It's fine Kyra.. I respect your decision. Just let me know if you changed your mind." She smiled and i nodded.

"Thank you Serina.." I said, weakly.

She just nod and got out.

I sighed as i slumped onto the Hospital bed.