Chapter 4

I woke in the morning to find my door cracked open and my food lying on the table near by. A note stood behind my food, upon further investigation the note was from a woman. the beautiful calligraphy suggested a woman at the least, though a man could have written it, but I have never seen a mans hand writing that is in such beauty and detail.

"SAVE HER." I read the small note aloud. The same words spoken to me in my dreams. My eyes widened as a horror overcame my mind. The woman who spoke to me with dusty black hands, like smoke billowing from a fire. She can reach me from outside.

Sally appeared nearby startling me as she spoke, "Who may be writing you?" She spoke as if she was hinting towards a secret note from Lilith.

"I flinched away from Sally, she immediatly backed away as she could sense my fear, I looked  down, "I apologize, but  the women from my dream . . . can reach me form outside."

Sally stared at me, "The woman from your dream?" 

I looked back up at her, "she said before in a dream, to 'save her'. I don't know who she is, and I don't understand who I am supposed to save. But it scares me." I curl up in a ball in the corner of my room.

Rodrick came in to get me, but when he found me, he only looked once before leaving me with a locked door.

"Who do you suppose is trying to speak to you?" Matt appeared near me, making me flinch.

I shook my head, "That's the thing I have no clue about any of this." I curl into a tighter ball.

Thomas comes out from under my bed, something he never does. He gets up and sits next to my door, no fear within him. We all stare at him. But before we can even question it, the door slowly moves open.

"Alex, you need to save her, or everything will die." Thomas looks at me. "Don't let the monster get her, she's afraid to leave, but if she doesn't leave soon . . . I'm afraid for what will come next."

"Thomas, what are - who are you talking about?" Sally got down and leaned over near Thomas.

He looked straight at me instead and spoke, "Lilith is in danger, you are in danger without her, save Lilith." Thomas got up and left the room, leaving Sally, me, and Matt in a confused state, nonetheless, we followed suit and ran after him.

We followed Thomas through unfamiliar halls, we had known them for the necessities of where I would live for each day, but these halls were going somewhere different, and Thomas seemed to know exactly where he wanted to go, and how to get there.

We stopped behind Thomas who stood still, frozen like hell froze over. I headed towards him, he suddenly turned to me as I did so.

"You must save her, Alex." He turned back around and left the hallway, I would guess to go back to my room.

I turned back towards the door and looked at Sally and Matt. The nodded, knowing what I was thinking, "Should we go in?"

I headed over and pushed hard on the door, it barely budged. Its cold metal burned my skin like fire but . . . it was cold?

 Matt and Sally came over and helped me push further. I squeezed my body through the thin sliver we opened of the door, Sally and Matt followed after me.

The room was quite cold as well, but everything was somehow the same. Almost as if I entered a parallel universe of my own, "The Play Hall?" I looked around, and somehow, everything was the exact same, but cold and lonely, like in this world . . . nothing existed. My eyes would not stop searching, searching for something different, something to set this room apart from mine. Even so, the chair I always sat in was on the floor against a wall, the sofas for the other patients layed a bit away, and the colorful rug laid underneath the couches. It was colorful, yet more dull than I remember.

I persued on through another door, the doors that I had known Lilith to burst through the other day. I ran over and pushed with all my might, the same thing happened, they barely budged. With Sally and Matt to help me, we pushed the door just enough for us to slip on in through.

I followed the halls, barren, cold halls. Suken like a hollow pit, yet so vibrant my eyes strugled to see.

Surprisingly as we approached a new hallway a voice appeared in the distance behind us. Sally froze, like she knew something, or more like she regognized something she had never wanted to know in the first place.

Matt pulled us the side and the screech of a screaming woman came closer, like she was running at us, down the middle of the hallway. Her screams piercing my eardrums like gun fire.

She ran full torche all the way down the hall to us, but as she was about to pass me, she quickly stopped everything. Silence filled the air, my eyes widened as I could see her more clearly.

Her black coal like hands reached around me and grabbed my head, her midnight hair falling to her knees, her white skin scarred with revenge, "Save her."

She disappeared before I could get a word out, before I could question her. Behind where she had stood in front of me laid a black hands mark, pointing to a door down the hall.