chapter 1

Darla and Amber were walking home from school together, there was then an ant carrying a leaf in front of them.

"Ew, a bug, kill it!" Darla cringed before letting her foot out to stomp and crush the insect.

"No, don't hurt it!" Amber stopped her best friend, then smiled to the ant. "Go ahead, little fella, go to your Queen."

The ant then seemed to smile to her and kept going off.

"Why didn't you want me to crush it?" Darla asked.

"Because, it's still a living thing..." Amber said. "Besides, ants have a hard enough life as it is."

"It's a bug..." Darla deadpanned.

"Bugs have a harder life than we do..." Amber shrugged.

"Oh, come on, how hard could their life be?" Darla asked.

"Sounds like someone needs an adventure with in a bug's life." Atticus said as he appeared.

Darla and Amber turned around to see Atticus.

Cherry was lazily chewing gum. "What's this about bugs?"

"I'm about to change myself, Darla, and Amber into bugs so then Darla can understand a bug's life." Atticus said.

"Hey!" Darla frowned.

Cherry snickered and laughed out loud. "Oh, man, have fun with that! So glad I won't be here for that, if anyone hates bugs more than the average person, it's me!"

"I know," Atticus said before looking to the girls. "We'll be ants for this adventure."

Cherry kept laughing.

Atticus narrowed his eyes. "You can stop now."

Cherry put a finger up and kept laughing while Darla and Amber started to look annoyed. Atticus soon smirked as he used his magic to shrink him, Darla, Amber, and Cherry down to the size of ants and each of them were even changed into ants.

"What the?!" Cherry asked before pouting.

"I think you could learn to like bugs too, Cherry." Atticus said.

"What about spiders?!" Cherry's eyes widened.

Darla looked surprised. "An emo is afraid of spiders?"

"Let's just get going to the rest of the ants." Atticus said.

"And I'm not an emo..." Cherry narrowed her eyes. "I'm a goth."

"What's the difference?" Amber asked.

"Uh-oh." Atticus said.

"WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?!" Cherry glared.

"Now you've done it." Darla sighed.

Cherry ranted to Amber as Atticus took the lead to find a location known as Ant Island.

Cherry continued to rant while they followed Atticus. "And that's the difference..." she then concluded to Amber.

"Wow..." Amber said as that was a lot to take in.

"Atticus, where are we?" Darla asked. "I want my after school snack..."

"We've made it to Ant Island." Atticus said.

"Ant Island?" Darla and Amber asked.

"Where the ants don't get food for the queen, these ants must get food for the grasshoppers." Cherry said.

"What, why? There are thousands of ants and well, about I think 50 grasshoppers." Amber said.

"That's what we're going to find out.' Cherry said.