chapter 4

Under the hot sun, back on Ant Island, the ants resumed their harvesting business. This would be a lot more work though because they had to get even more food for the grasshoppers this time than what they had before, and where the heat was getting to them. One of the ants soon collapsed to the ground.

"Dr. Flora!" Princess Atta cried out in a panic.

"We've lost another one." Cherry said.

"This is insane." One ant named Thorny commented.

"Insane." Another ant named Cornelius added.

"There's just not enough food left on the island," Thorny said. "No way we could make double quota before Hopper comes."

"Well, we have to try Thorny," Princess Atta replied. "We don't have any choice."

"Yeah, I know." Thorny frowned.

Cherry decided to check on the others and saw Amber and Dot together.

"Hey, look who's playing look-out again," One ant boy glared up at the young ant princess. "Little Speck."

"Her name is Dot." Amber glared at the boy ant.

"Well, Spot and Ember, you guys still lookin' for Flik and those others?" The ant boy glared back.

"Forget it, you guys," The other ant boy added. "Those losers are never coming back."

Dot ignored the two and resumed looking through her telescope.

"Don't listen to them, Dot, tell me what you see." Amber told the young ant princess.

Dot soon saw Flik, Atticus, and Darla flying on a beetle. "It's Flik and your friends!" She then told Amber. "THEY DID IT! THEY DID IT!"

"What?!" The boy ants asked before rushing off to tell the rest of the colony.

"This is it!" Flik told the circus bugs. "This is Ant Island!"

"Hey, guys!" Amber smiled.

"Hey!" Flik, Atticus, and Darla smiled and waved back to Dot and Amber.

"They did it, they did it, they did it, yay!" Dot and Amber cheered happily. "They did it!"

The boy ants were soon impressed.

"At the rate these leaves are dropping, we're gonna need a miracle." Thorny said.

"That's right, we need a miracle." Cornelius added.

"I think it's coming." Cherry pointed to the sky.

Thorny and Cornelius soon saw what was coming.

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" Cornelius panicked.

The ants of the colony soon scattered out of fright as they thought this was an invasion. The circus bugs soon landed and they all struck promotional poses.

"Ta-da!" Francis announced.

Unfortunately, there wasn't anyone to welcome them.

"Once again, our reputation precedes us." Manny sulked.

"Hey everybody, hey, we're back!" Flik told his hiding colony and they poked out to see him. "Hey guys! Hey! L-L-Look who's here with me."

"Anyone?" Darla asked. "Anyone at all?"

"FLIK! FLIK! FLIK, YOU'RE BACK!" Dot beamed as she rushed over to the older male ant's arms. "I knew you could do it."

"Darla." Amber smiled to her best friend as she joined Dot.