chapter 8

"'Dear Princess Celestia, I learned a very valuable lesson in that all lives matter, even bugs'," Darla said as she wrote a letter to the Alicorn Princess of Day in Equestria. "'A bug's life can be just as hard as a person's life, and like I once read in a book, a person is a person, no matter how small. I have to thank Atticus for letting me learn this lesson, of course along with my best friend in the whole world, Amber. I've made friends with these bugs, but I kind of miss being a human, but I hope to maybe have new adventures like this once in a while. Signed a learning young student, Darla Fudo'."

"Ready to send it?" Atticus asked.

"Yes, please, I hope she can read my handwriting." Darla smiled to her big brother.

"Oh, she will." Atticus said.

Darla then took out the paper and rolled it up into like a scroll and handed it to Atticus so he could have it get to Princess Celestia. Atticus soon used his magic to send the scroll to Princess Celestia.

Darla smiled before looking to the ant colony. "I'm almost a little sad to leave Ant Island." she then said.

"Oh, would you like to stay an ant forever and live with them?" Atticus asked.

"Uhh...?!" Darla's eyes widened.

"Oh, I'm only teasing." Atticus chuckled.

"Whew." Darla sighed.

Two ants played their trumpets in celebration of the new season.

"It's like Mother Nature agrees this is a new beginning." Amber smiled when she saw the tree blossoming.

"Sweet." Darla nodded back in agreement.

"Hey, check that out!" Cherry pointed out.

The ants seemed to be using Flik's invention to handle the blades of grass.

"Awesome!" Atticus smiled.

"That's pretty neat." Cherry admitted.

"Should we say goodbye?" Darla asked.

"I think you should, but wait a little bit." Atticus advised.

Darla nodded as that sounded fair enough. Dot smiled as she was now able to fly and was considered the new leader of the Blueberry Scouts. Darla was happy for her ant friend.

"Finally, I get a second to relax and I gotta get outta my chair," The Queen said before smirking to Cornelius. "Come on, you can rub lotion on me later, Shade Boy."

"Eeh, ya huppa huppa~" Cornelius replied.

Darla and Amber smiled politely, though looked disturbed when they turned away. They soon saw everyone about to say goodbye to the circus bugs. Dim approached the train, but Rosie saw someone hidden underneath his wings.

"Dim...?" The black widow spider called to the rhino beetle.

Seeing that he'd been caught, Dim opened his wings, revealing some of the young ants who were trying to stow away.

"I'm so sorry, kids; I wish you could come along too." Rosie coaxed.

The Blueberry Scouts began to cry as they hugged their den mother.

"I'm not gonna cry," Francis muttered, though he seemed to be rather emotional. "I'm not gonna cry."

Tuck and Roll soon did one final show for the ants which was about Hopper's demise, and where one of them even had a part of Hopper to help the show.

"Alright, let's go, we've got a schedule to keep," PT announced as his train was fixed and he had somehow reformed before calling out to his new employees, some of which were gymnastic ants. "Come on, let's go, hey Tiny, let's get this show packed up. We've got payin' customers hatching."