Chapter 3

A/N: And I am back!!! This story almost always happens in D.Gray-man high school stories but oh well, let's continue!!

My next class, which was Music, was with Lavi so I followed him, waving goodbye to Lenalee and Kanda as they headed off to their next class. We arrived just before the late bell rang but the teacher was not impressed.

"You two, go to the back desks and be quiet!" He said, going back to the lesson. I looked around. There were random instruments scattered around the room. There was a guitar stand on one corner, piano in another and various brass instruments against the wall.

"We aren't technically late so why are we in trouble?" I whispered as we sat down.

"It's just Mr. Bell, he doesn't like me after an issue with my song choice while playing guitar at assembly." Lavi explained, running the back of his head with a sheepish grin on his face.

"Lavi, Allen since you are too good to listen why don't you play something for us?" Mr. Bell said, giving the two of us a glare.

"No it's fine, you-" Lavi started but Mr. Bell interrupted.

"No, you know so much so kindly share it with us."

"Lavi can you play this?" I asked passing him a rough copy of a song my step father had taught me before he passed away.

"Ahh, sure why not, but what are you going to play?" Lavi asked, scanning over the music.

"I'll play the piano." I explained, standing up.

Mr. Bell's glare followed us as Lavi grabbed a guitar and I seated myself at the piano.

"3-2-1." I played the notes and Lavi gently strummed the guitar. I closed my eyes, gently singing the words.

"So the little infant fell into a deep sleep.
Among the grey ashes in the flames shining...First one, then two ...
Surfaces numerous of your faces

A thousand dreams trickle back to the earth
On the night when the silver eyes were trembling, the shining you was born
Across millions of years,the prayers have already returned back to the earth

I will still continue to pray
Please bestow upon this child your love
Upon our joined hands, leave a gentle kiss

So the little infant fell into a deep sleep.
Among the grey ashes in the flames shining...First one,then two ...
Surfaces numerous of your faces

A thousand dreams trickle back to the earth
On the night when the silver eyes were trembling, the shining you was born
Across millions of years,the prayers have already returned back to the earth

I will still continue to pray
Please bestow upon this child your love
Upon our joined hands, leave a gentle kiss

I will still continue to pray
Please bestow upon this child your love
Upon our joined hands, leave a gentle kiss"

I opened my eyes as I finished the last note and smirked when I noticed Mr. Bell gawking at us. Then I turned bright red once I realised the entire class was just staring at us, mouths open. Lavi just walked up to me grinning, gave me a high five before messing up my hair.

"Stop it! Lavi!" I said, trying to get away.

"Allen, your singing was amazing and Lavi, your guitar sounded so cool!" A girl said while ten more nodded in agreement.

"I-it was nothing, honestly." I said, flattening down my hair while Lavi winked at them. We sat down as the teacher regained his posture.

"Well done Lavi, Allen, I knew both of you could do it." The teacher lied and I frowned slightly before smiling.

"I'm glad you think so highly of us." I said sweetly. I could tell the students had expected me to get angry but what was the point? It would just cause me to get into trouble. Once the bell finally rang everyone filed out of the classroom.

"Hey Allen, Lavi!" Lenalee called and I turned to see her and Kanda walking through the crowd of students. "I heard some rumours spreading about you two, what did you do?"

"Oh, we just performed a duet in music." I said, Lenalee looking at me in disbelief.

"Well actually Allen here sung." Lavi said, his hands behind his head, grinning proudly.

"Shut it Lavi." I hissed turning bright red. Lenalee just giggled and I could feel my face burning.

"By the way man, were did you learn that song?" Lavi asked suddenly and I just shrugged.

"My step father taught it to me once."