Chapter 1

THREE MONTHS EARLIER.....

Jasper Faye

"I think you're making much progress, Ms. Faye. But I don't know if moving at this time is such a good idea, given your circumstances-"

"What does my brother dying have anything to do with whether or not I move out of my sad, boring apartment?  If anything, wouldn't it help to be away from my brothers things?"  I didn't mean to yell, but I know I did. I can't help it anymore. When my brother got in that accident, I should have been able to save him. I should have been able to give him blood, we had the same parents! We should have the same blood type! That's when I discovered that I was adopted.  We had different parents and different blood.  He died and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Due to your psychological evaluation, we think it would be best for you to stay here in the hospital with us for a few more weeks."  My heart sank.  I had been staying in this god-damned hospital for three months.  The worst part isn't the length of the stay, it's that every three weeks, I'm told that I need to stay for "another few weeks."  Dr. Johnson thinks it's best for me to be under 24 hour watch.

"Please, I can't take another day in here. I am not insane! There was a man watching me, so I called the cops. How does that make me crazy?!"

"When the cops searched your home and the surrounding area, there was no one to be seen."

"But that gave him so much time to get away! Besides you can't keep me here against my will. I can just leave."

"While that is true, we still recommend you stay here and complete your recovery before you leave."

"You've been telling me that I need to 'complete my recovery' for two and a half months. I'm done. I feel fine. I just want to go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, just wanted to mention that uploads on new chapters will be VERY irregular.  I'm on a high school schedule, so I really have no clue when I'll be able to write.  I wrote most of this between set cues while working back stage or when I finish early in class. I also feel that I should mention, chapters will be short. There will be plenty of chapters, but for the most part chapters are short.  So, I apologize for the irregularity's and hope that you enjoy! 

'