Chapter 3

Ayrick Zaveri

"She's coming home? How long has it been since I last longed to caress her sweet angelic face? How long since I've seen her stunning figure? Her long, sleek, black hair? Her grey eyes?"  Her eyes are like mirrors that only I can see into. I've seen them in photos and from afar. Like windows into her soul, that are only for me to see .  

"Sweetheart, who are you talking to?" 

"No one darling!"

"Well hurry up! We're going to be late to the Madison's Barbecue!"

"Do I have to go? They hate me, they only invited me to close the deal with you and the firm."

"Well yes, but this deal will be good for us." she came in the room and placed her hand on my shoulder. "We need the money."

"I know. You're right." You're always right. 

"Now come on, and wear that new shirt I gave you. It brings out your eyes." She smiled with that crooked fake smile, the one that implies that our marriage is perfect. That suburban perfection that she feels the need to keep. Perfect, perfect, perfect! All the time. All just a facade. In reality we're going to marriage counseling twice a week. We fight every night. If she only knew about Jasper. Sweet, precious, young little Jasper. Beautiful Jasper. 

"Ayrick! Hurry up! We can't be late again."

"Coming, Dear!"