Life After the Hunger Games

Hey guys this is my first chapter, I hope you like it and please vote and comment if you like it.

-kiara

Chapter 1

"You love me. Real or not Real?"

I tell him, "Real."

He hugs me tighter until I feel as though I might pop, but I don't care at all. I have Peeta back, and that is all that matters in my life right one.I grip him tight as well, not wanting to let him go, I'm too scared that the Capitol will take him again. I know it sounds stupid, but that's what the rebellion did to me.

We stay in that embraced for a while, just holding each other not saying word, our hug says all the words for us. I feel Peeta loosen his grip around my body, so I slowly a unravel my arms and sit up on my bed, holding my knees to my chest and rest my chin on them.

"I love you, you know?"

I look up at him after he says that. His wonderful blue eyes are slightly shiny and glazed over from tears. He is now standing up with his strong arms open wide, slowly getting up, I put my arms around his neck and stand on my tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek. I close my eyes and as my lips touch his skin I don't feel his cheek but his lips. I was slightly taken aback but it felt right and perfect, I don't let go until I'm out of breath.

"I love you too."

He smiles and takes my hand, and together we walk down stairs to the kitchen. I sit on the bench as he gets out some ingredients from the pantry.

"What are you making?"

"Cupcakes, do you want to help?"

"Um, yeah sure. I don't know if I'll be of much help though!" I slip some sarcasm into my voice to try and lighten the mood. It works because he smiles and says, "Come over here and I'll show you how to sift the flower. Properly," he silently adds the last word on as I come over and lightly punch him on the shoulder.

"Hey! I'm not that bad at it, I just need a little practice."

He silently giggles to himself as I get the sifter out of the cupboard and set it over a large mixing bowl.

I feel his body behind me watching what I'm doing over my shoulder as I slowly start to pour the flour onto the sifter.

"No no no no no, not like that, like this," he reaches around my body on both sides and puts his hands on top of mine and helps to slowly shake it into the utensil. He keeps his hands on mine the whole time, it feels so perfect doing this with him.

Finally we finish the cupcake batter and spoon them into the small pans. I get I crazy thought in my head and before I know it, I throw a spoonful of chocolate batter onto Peeta's forehead.

He gasps in shock and looks up at me, putting his hand on his head at the same time. When it comes back with batter on his fingers, his eyes shoot towards me and he says, "Oh it is on!"

I squeal and duck behind the counter as he dips his whole hand into the bowl comes towards me. Before I know it, we are both covered in cupcake batter. We both are now sitting on the counter laughing our heads off at him because at one point in our batter war I through some batter right into his mouth!

"Mmm you smell so good I could eat you!"

"Not if you can catch me!" I bound up the stairs taking two at a time but it's useless and he's caught me before I even reach the top. He grabs me and topple over each other with an assortment of our bodies and cupcake mix. As we fall to the ground he puts himself under me so I land on top. I gaze into his glorious bright blue eyes and kiss him again. Afterwards we just lie there, not moving, just enjoying the moment of togetherness.