Capter 11

Chapter 11.

Driving  on  our  way  to  our  date  I  can’t  help  but  think  about  all  the  things  that  Penny  and   Henry  just  told  me.  It  is  a  lot  to  take  in  when  you  just  find  out  you  have  been  in  the  care  of  someone  that  its  related  to  you  and  you  didn’t  even  know.  Especially  when  you  thought  you  were  actually  alone  in  the  world.

“What are you thinking   about?”  Jared asks looking at me worriedly.

“I’m  thinking  about  how  they  lied  to  me  all  this  time.  They could have just told me who they were.   I  mean  is  it  so  hard  to  say  Chrissy  by  the  way  I  am  your  uncle.” I  was  starting  to  yell  now  with  tears  burning  at  the  back  of  my  eyes.

“They didn’t exactly lie to you baby.  It’s  obvious  they  care  deeply  for  you  and  maybe  they  thought  that   you  wouldn’t  believe  them  if  they  told  you  straight  away.” Jared  says  while  rubbing  his hand  up  and  down  my  arm  trying  to  calm  me  down. I  let  out  a big  breath  that  I   didn’t  realize  I  was  holding  and  looked  at  the  side  of   his  head.

“Your   right.  I  know  I  should  be  happy  right  now  I  mean  I’m  with  people  who  love  me  right  now  and  that’s  the  most  important  thing.  I  need  to  put  the  past  completely  behind  me  and  move  on.  It’s  not  going  to  be  easy  but  I  need  to do  this.” I  say  a  lot  more  confidently  than  I  actually  feel.

Jared  smiles  at  me  and  leans  over  to  peck  me  on  the  lips  before  going  back  to  paying  attention  to  the  road.  I  put  my  fingers  to  my  lips  after  he  kisses   me. The   tingles  in  my  lips  are  nothing  compared  to  the  butterflies  that  are  going  crazy  in  my   stomach.  I  don’t  think  I’ll  ever  get  over  this  feeling.

“So handsome, where are we going?”  I ask smiling.

“Now  if  I  tell  you  that  it  wouldn’t’ t  be  a  surprise  now  would  it?” He says the smirks at me.

“Please  tell  me   where  we  are  going  or  I  might   have   to  ban   you  from  kissing  me  ever  again.” I say trying  not  to  laugh  because  even  I   don’t  think  I  could  go  through  with   that.

“Hmm nice try but I’m not telling. Just  know  that  we  are  going  to  be  out  the  whole  day.” He says clearly enjoying watching me squirm.