Curiosity

♡ ♡ ♡

"No Kelsey, I'm so against the fact that you want to go see the people that should be in Jail. Did you hear what she was saying about it?" Rachel said and I scrolled down my phone, ignoring her anger.

I wanted to go see how the lower place live. How, when and why were questions that consider me and my own desires. I love Rachel so much and I know that she was arguing about it because she knew that it was dangerous to be there but this is a dream come true for me. I want to go and I will go. With or without her will.

Mary will listen to what I'm saying, I'm sure of that and I knew that somehow even though she was like my mother, what I say she has to do.

"Are you even listening to me?" She annoyingly said.

"I am." I softly said.

"It doesn't seem like it, Kelsey! I know that you will still do whatever you want to do because you're so stubborn but try to at least listen to what I have to say once in your life!" She said.

"Rachel, it's fine. Mary is born, raised and currently lives there. She is still alive! Then it isn't that dangerous. Plus I will be with her all the time!" I said. I could see that what I said didn't affect her at all but I sort of didn't care. I wanted to do this and was going to do it.

I shook my head and walked to my closet to get my black jacket. I tried as hard as I can to actually find black things in my closet to wear them but I don't like this colour and never did. I never actually went out of my father's house with black things but I somehow found black pants and a black jacket to hide the white shirt that I was wearing under. I only wanted to wear black like all them people in movies that wanted to escape their house. They wear black so the guards and the people around them don't see them while escaping so I wanted to do the same. Even though everyone knew that I was leaving, I wanted to feel like I was doing something dangerous.

Even if I was still in the house, I felt so happy as if I was already outside. I felt like my freedom is coming even if it was only for a few hours.

My plan was to tell my father that I was going to sleep over at Rachel's house so he wouldn't realize that I was gone if I left without telling him but now the idea of me leaving without even telling him was even more pleasing to think about. Perhaps because he never let me do what I want but I knew that if I did that, I will never actually see the streets ever again so I chose to just follow my A plan.

I got my bag ready with a few pyjamas and a few clothes that I will use tonight. So as I know, Mary leaves Saturday night and comes back Sunday night but because I was with her she said that we are going to leave early so the driver that is going to pick me up from Rachel's house actually finds me there. I told him to come at night but Mary said that we can't risk being late.

Knowing that Mary worked for my father for so long, the fact that she agreed to help me with this so easily surprised me but I wasn't complaining at all.

I finally took my bag and looked at Rachel, ready to leave. As expected, she was still giving me that angry look, wanting me to change my mind but I wasn't going to. I wanted to go there. The fact that I was dangerous and not safe made me even more curious to go and see it all with my own eyes but she kept trying to convince me that it wasn't safe to go, not knowing that the more she says it wasn't safe, the more curiosity I get.

"Let's go." I finally said. My driver was going to drive us both back to her house, as my father's sayings. He wanted to make sure that I don't go anywhere else and if that was the only way to let me get out of the house then so be it, I still had my own ways.

"Can you think about this one more time?" She repeated herself for the thousandth time tonight. I felt like slapping myself because of her but I kept repeating it in my head that she was only doing that because she cares and at the same time, I knew that I needed her to help me with this. My fear was still present and the only thing that I cared about was Mary that is going to loose her job if my father finds out and Rachel that my father will tell me not to talk to ever again but my fear couldn't kill my curiosity.