Discover

♡ ♡ ♡

As much as I was scared that my father finds out I left, as much as I was happy I got out of our stupid house and now nobody controls me. I feel like a bird you finally set free and that was all I wanted to feel.

Being in a public bus that will take me to where I always wanted to live was already a new experience for me. Mary was sitting right next to me, giving me small, warm smiles, scared I wouldn't like where she lives. But I knew I would.

I looked around me to the dark streets that we walked passed. How much am I missing on? I know I live better than so many people but at the same time there is a lot that I don't see. There is a lot that I don't experience, a lot that I don't recognize because I never saw.

I feel like I don't know how to deal with anything because I was never put in a situation where I actually have to think for a solution for, I never stood in front of a problem and thought of a solution myself. Maybe because I always run for my father to fix it for me but at the same time, that was how I was raised. I was told to always go for my father when I need help with anything and I never understood why not. I never tried to do it myself. I am so depended and I hate it. This needs to change.

"Let's go." Mary tapped my knee and stood up and I didn't understand why because where we were was so dark and had no houses nor buildings but I only followed her. I guess she knows better where she lives.

She went down and I followed her saying a small good night to the driver. I looked at Mary that was smiling sadly at me like she was going to make me do something I won't like. And just that scared me just a little.

"Are we there?" I asked to break the silence.

"Almost." She responded, keeping the same smile on her lips. "We have to walk a little. The house is way further in town. It's exactly in the corner and there is no transport that goes there." She sadly smile and I somehow turned angry. These people that live there are still humans, why don't they have the same rights as we do? They still need transportation to where they want to go! "Don't worry we are almost there. I do this every week. It mind be really scary but we aren't that mean." She laughed.

And again, what she said was very common in people in my town's mouth. Poor people aren't all bad. Maybe some of them do crimes because they need the money to survive, but they don't want to only criminals for the fun of it. And that is just some of them. Poor people are the nicest, at least they aren't all cocky about having money and having a good position in the government of the country or being rich for being famous for something they do.

Rich people that I know only do charity and give donations just to be called the nice man who helps people in need. Also, not all of them but I feel like the ones that I know are the worst.

I realized later on that I didn't answer Mary and didn't say a word as we walked into these dark alleys to where she lives and it worried me from what she thought I was thinking. I am in no way judging her or where she lives and will never do so but maybe my silent gave her that impression. Being scared of it made me just continue with my quit attitude, excited to see more.

As we took a turn into a street with weak lights in, I started to see people walking right and left and the happiness in me grew so much more that I thought I could be happy. I already loved being here as I saw people interact together, talking together as friends or neighbors or whatever they were. I all of sudden wished I lived here and wanted to have bonds with people that live close to me like people here did.

The streets weren't really made and there was a lot of hols in the walls of the buildings. Also the buildings were so close to each other as if they just squeezed all the poor people in the corner of the city, as Mary said. They were so old and looked like they were about to drop in a couple months, it gave me anxiety and I wanted to do anything to help these people.