New School

At some point in your life, you are going to wonder what happens when my parents die? Well, I wondered the exact same thing when I was sixth grade. I went to Rome Middle School, in Georgia.

My mom told me we were moving over the summer and I was distraught. I had friends, was the star of the basketball team, Captain of the debate club, and the most popular boy in the whole school! I couldn't leave, but I knew I had to. My grandma, who lived in Pennsylvania had just lost her lifelong job due to a decrease in productivity of the workers. She needed us to support her until she could get a new job. My dad was a travel agent and my mom was a lawyer so the switch for them wasn't really a hassle, but it was for me. I begged my mom not to make me leave. She didn't comply.

I was so mad at her. I couldn't believe she would take so many great opportunities away from me. I tried using my debate skills, the attorney in me glowing, but she was stronger, being a lawyer for 15 years. I loved to debate with my mom, because it gave me good practice, but today I felt like I was melting under her gaze.

We ended up moving to a quaint little town called "North East". I went to school there and was excited to meet new friends but nervous about all these new experiences. Plus, it was 20 degrees warmer down south. Just hearing about this thing called "snow" scared me.

This girl...I think her name was Sarah, asked me out in the first day of seventh grade. She said that I was hot. Most girls do. To this day I still have dirty-blonde hair, hazel eyes, and tan skin. Oh, and I'm really tall. I replied with, "I'm not allowed to date." Then, I turned back around and continued to eat my lunch. I turned to another small table where three girls were sitting. The one that really caught my eye had "light brown hair", but in the south, we would call it "bronde." She looked at me with her baby-blues and I felt myself blushing profusely. I gave her a lopsided smile and she and her two other friends all laughed and turned around. I was making friends already.

Later in the day, during my reading class, this kid named Peter, Peter Rumafello, approached my table. The teacher had given us seats and I was glad that I was put with "blue-eyes" and her two comrades. Actually, I hated this seating arrangement. Blue-eyes sat next to me and her friends, Lizzie and Rachel, would look at her, mouth out words, then point to me, and they would all laugh. I was afraid they were making fun of me because I was super tan, super tall, super quiet, and left-handed. I felt very insecure at my new school until Peter and the rest of the popular clan asked me to sit with them. That was when I met her....Tyrelle.