Summer With Phyl

This super-smart kid, I think his name was Ryan, invited me to his end-of-school party, only because Kenzie was his cousin. Of course, I had to go, or else Mackenzie would be upset with me. I couldn't have another girl break up with me. Things were really getting serious.

Phyl and I had been working together for about 2 weeks. I usually cleaned his kitchen for him, and the rest of his house. Sometimes, he would explain an experiment to me. We became good friends.

Mackenzie and I always fought. She was mad that I was spending so much time with my new friend. I had to explain to her that I needed to make money.

The end of school party was when she decided she wanted to break up with me.

I didn't really care, I mean, now I had more important things on my mind than girlfriends. I decided to tell Phyl about my idea of an immortality machine. I was only in seventh grade, but as I explained it to Phyl, he got really excited.

I had no clue why he would act like this. But then he said something that answered all of the questions that I had.

"I wanted to make one of these too. Ya know, to see if it worked. But I'm old now. Maybe you can carry the experiment on."

I had to agree with him. I was pretty curious as to if these sphere things I read about in the magazines worked.

My daily routine changed drastically. In the summer I would wake up, eat something, and walk to Phyl's house. Together, we would go to the local grocery store and work together. We made some money there and sometimes we would offer to walk dogs.

Then, we'd go back to his house and I would clean. This time, I was volunteering, since we were working on the machine together.

Days flew by and merged together as the summer went on. Phyl was a lot of fun to hang out with and I couldn't remember what day of the week it was! But soon, it was time for school to be in session and Phyl and I both had a lot on our minds.

It was time to begin sketching the invention.

Hey Readers!

As y'all know from reading the title of this, I am entering this book in #wattys2017

I know this story seems a little short, but I'm trying to make it a short story thing. However, the main genre is Sci-Fi!

Please read, vote, and comment! I will try to update as often as possible!