Tyrelle Logans

She was beautiful. She had black hair, pale skin, and brown eyes that shimmered. I was going to ask her out.

Ok, I was allowed to date. That Sarah girl was just so weird. Plus, I had been friends with Peter for about a week before I actually got to meet the girls. Peter was dating Sammy Stuart, the most popular girl in the whole school, for reasons I cannot explain. Even blue-eyes was prettier than Sammy. But, Tyrelle, Sammy's best friend...she was mean but she was probably the prettiest girl at that new school. And I needed a girlfriend. So, I asked her out and she said yes. It was that simple.

Apparently Tyrelle and blue-eyes sat together on the bus. She said they were kind of friends and she told me a lot about blue-eyes. I'm pretty sure she needed something to rant about. Tyrelle said her name was Alexis. She was the smartest girl in the grade, and the most athletic, but she wasn't pretty enough or mean enough to be in the popular group. I laughed with her.

Before we would go out to the bus after school, we would hold hands. Sometimes we would hug. One day, we were texting over the weekend, I asked her why she never wanted to actually 'go out'. She didn't reply. I kept on asking her because I wanted to take her to see a movie but she protested and quickly typed, "I'm sorry, but we can't be together..Don't try getting me back, Georgia boy."

I later found out her parents had caught us texting and didn't think she was ready for a boyfriend. That made me really upset, because I thought we were meant for each other. I guess I just wasn't ready for a relationship yet.

However, I had more important things to think about than going to "Heartbreak Hotel." I had recently been thinking about my parents. I mean, I know it was a little early, but I was one of those kids who constantly worried about growing up. I didn't want my mom to die. I wished that I could be with her forever. I know all kids feel that way. Nobody wants to have to lose their birth giver to God. I especially wanted to have my mom forever.

Something my science teacher said in class the week after Tyrelle broke up with me gave me an idea.

"Someday, we will have the technology to make humans live longer..."

I had to find that technology.