Chapter 8 - Volin's Idol

IRINA'S POV

"Irina...."

Someone shake my body and calling out for my name. I ignored it but when there's 2 pairs of hands shaking my body hard, I jolted up and saw both Evara and Athena smiling at me. It's weird to see them both here, smiling and holding hands. "We have great news to tell you." Evara announced as Athena gave me two rectangular box.

"What is this?" I asked and got up to a sitting position. They both asked me to open it. When I did, the only thing I see is a pregnancy test in each box. I looked up and wondered what's going on. "Irina, honey, we're pregnant. The treatment works! You're going to be a mother!" Athena excitedly announced.

That's when I finally woken up from my.. nightmare? Or is that a good dream? I'm not sure myself but it's weird. That's for sure. "Irina.." I flinched when I heard Evara called out for me. "Geez! Relax. If you still feeling sick, I can ask Varvara to make an official letter for you." I brushed it off.

"I'm okay. I'll be going to class today." I informed.

"Are you sure? Your legs, arms and shoulder still in a bad shape." I smiled at her concerning tone. "It's okay. Vanessa did a good job repairing the damage." She smiled and I think it's the first time ever. She never smile before. But, most importantly, I should thank Vanessa for her amazing job.

When she first knew what had happened to me years ago, she volunteered herself to save me. Partly because late Alina begged her to do it, and also she's a great friend. If it's not because of her magical hands replacing my badly fractured bones, I probably won't be able to walk or run.