Chapter Two

Annabeth's POV

Ever since we defeated the Titans, I haven't seen Percy. That was six months ago. Since then Poseidon has had another demigod child. His name is Jake. He immediately got the camp's attention when he came in. He was battling three hellhounds, a few empousai, and the Minotaur. That is way more monsters than what Percy battled when he first got here. The campers have been gossiping about how cute and handsome he is. I have to agree with them by saying he is cute and handsome. But I am loyal to Percy because he is loyal to me. His fatal flaw is loyalty after all. I just hope he isn't cheating on me and I hope he's safe.

~TIME SKIP~

Percy's POV

I just finished the quest that Athena gave me to prove I am worthy of marrying her daughter that is so special; to me. I have been gone for about eight months. I just can't wait to ask Annabeth that special question. But when I arrived at Half-Blood Hill, I saw the entire camp circled around two people. A black haired boy and a blond haired girl. At first, I thought it was just some campers doing whatever. The crowd parted as I walked through. I then got a better look at the girl's face. It can't be! Well, apparently it was. Annabeth. She betrayed me. She hurt me. "Wise Girl. How could you?" I said finding my voice.

I hear Annabeth gasp as she sees me.

"Percy. It's not what it looks like!" She says hurriedly as she quickly removes her hands from around the boy's neck, hoping I wouldn't see. Unfortunately, I did. "Well, what it looks like is you sucking another guy's face off. Just because I wasn't here, doesn't' mean we were through. I loved you enough to jump into Tartarus with you. Suffer with you. I have been loyal to this camp ever since I discovered what I was. I was especially loyal to you Annabeth. I thought you would be the same to me. I am not angry. Just very disappointed. I was only gone so long Annabeth because your mother sent me on a quest to prove to her that I was worthy of giving you this."

I pulled out the small box that held a beautiful silver, sea green, imperial gold, and celestial bronze ring with a pearl not unlike the ones we used to escape from the Underworld when I was twelve. I had Hephaestus forge it for me so if she said yes, she would remember everything we had gone through together. I guess that all of our adventures meant nothing to her. I dropped the box into her hands.

And that's when my dad flashed in.

Word Count: 463