Chapter Thirteen.

Laurel was laying in her bed, staring at he ceiling and feeling sorry for herself and for Ivan. She didn't know how to help him and she didn't know if she could help herself. Her phone ringing caught her attention and flipping it open she answered with a disinterest tone.

"Hello?"

"Laurel, I'm sorry to call but....I tried Ivan and he's not answering."

"Mr. Wilmington, he's.....uhm...what can I do for you?" She asked.

"I found my girl but she's in a club it's ran by a mafia boss. I can't go in there alone and I feel terrible even asking but I need back up, Ivan was the first person I thought of but he's not answering."

She sat up in her bed, pushing her hand through her hair. She and Ivan owed Mr. Wilmington for all his help with Ezra, and she had told him if he needed help to call.

"I'll get Ivan and meet you there, text me the address?"

"Sure thing, thank you."

She hung up and stood with a heavy sigh, when she left Ivan two hours ago he was asleep and for the first time since Ezra died it wasn't an alcohol induced sleep. She'd gotten him to shower and sober up, eat a dinner and shave before he'd began complaining of a headache and she helped him return to his bed. She hated to get him up but at the same time knew he had to leave that dark apartment some time.

Not knowing what kind of condition she would find Ivan in Laurel drove her old impala instead of taking her bike. She parked on the street and this time didn't knock as she let herself into his apartment, moving into his bedroom she found him right where she'd left him.

"Ivan,"

He didn't move and she took a few steps closer to the bed, he was laying on his stomach, shirtless and sound asleep.

"Ivan," She called out a little louder.

He didn't respond and with a heavy sigh she reached out intending to shake him awake. Her hand barely brushed his bare shoulder before he rolled over, catching her wrist he flipped her over him and pinned her body beneath his on the bed.

She let out a squeak of a protest as he slowly became more aware of who he had pinned beneath him, he took in her face and then blinked a few times.

"Laurel?"

"I need a favor," She said.

He frowned glancing down their bodies, his larger one dwarfing hers completely and keeping it held down with his weight.

"You scared the shit out of me."

"I'm sorry, I did call out."

He didn't move and she didn't hurry him too, despite being slightly uncomfortable with his weight on her.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked, a hand going to her face.

"No, don't be ridiculous."

"Laurel...."

"I need you to come downtown with me."

"For what?"

"Mr. Wilmington....he lost a girl and he found her in a club, he can't go in there alone and we kind of owe him one."

He gave a small nod of agreement and she cleared her throat, pulling her wrists from where they were crushed between their bodies and gave him a small push.