{part 4}

"Boyfriend?" He looks at me his eyes wide with shock.
    "Yeah, you didn't know?" He gently shakes his head, still looking at me. "It's new, we've been official for about two weeks now."
    "Oh, I see what you're doing."
    "What are you talking about?"
    "You're trying to make me jealous." I give him a confused look before sighing.
    "No, I'm not. His names Elliot, he own a bookstore downtown."
    "A bookstore?" He snickers. "Come on Sav, don't fuck with me."
    "I'm not, it's his mothers, it's really nice actually."
    "You've been to his bookstore?"
    "That's how we meet, yeah." I nod. "Anyway, the script."
    "No, tell me more about this guy."
    "No. You're my client that's unprofessional."
    "So is taking you right here and now on this desk." I'm taken back by the blunt comment.
    "Jared." I try to reprimand him, but a low chuckle escapes my curled lips.
    "You like that idea don't you?"
    "Okay stop." I can't keep the grin from my lips. "So, yes?"
    "Yeah. When is it?"
    "Next week we leave."
    "London right?"
    "Yeah."
    "Okay, will your boyfriend care?"
    "Probably, but works more important." I smile at him, picking up my office phone as he continues with the script. That night when I get home from my date and get in some fuzzy Spongebob pants and a tank top, someone knocks on my door. Huffing I push Maggie aside before going to get it, the puppy close behind me, I peak through the peephole to see Shannon. I open the door, curious as to what's brought him here so late at night, and he looks up at me annoyed.
    "What'd I say Savannah?"
    "Hmm, maybe a mouthful of lies. What's gotten into you Shannon, you don't lie, especially not to me?" I look at him, watching the various emotions pass over his face.
"You're right I don't, can I come in?"
    "Of course." I step aside letting him in.
    "Look, I didn't lie, Jared's got eyes on you, I just don't think he's registered what's happening yet, so that wasn't a lie. I did get the tickets to send you away, so you didn't give Jared another script, but you did."
    "He wanted it- look Shannon, I get it big brother and everything, but you can't worry forever-"
    "You think I'm worried about him?"
    "-You're not?"
    "No! I'm worried about you!"
    "Me?"
    "Come on Sav, you've been here too long to feel something toward Jared. Don't fuck this up now."
    "I won't."
    "Yes you will Sav. You're like this little naughty schoolgirl around him, you held up so well in the beginning."
    "Shannon, I have a boyfriend, and Jared's not interested, he made that clear. He's just acting like he usually does. So stop worrying. I promise you that I'll be fine." I wrap my hand around his making him look at them before lacing our fingers together.
    "You have a boyfriend?" He asks looking up at me.
    "That's what I thought when he asked me out." I chuckle. "Jared's reaction was about the same."
    "So, you told my brother?" He asks following me into the kitchen, our fingers still laced together until we get to the marble top island and I finally let go.
    "Yeah this morning, he didn't tell you? He told you everything else." I grumble.
    "No he didn't say anything about it."
    "Well don't worry, nothing's going to happen while we're away."
    "I'm counting on that. Does this guy know what you do?"
    "Yeah."
    "And he's not intimidated by Jared?"
    "He is, but who isn't? That's why I'm keeping them apart." I chuckle.
    "You can't keep them apart for long."
    "I know." I give him a reassuring smile. "I don't plan to, just while the relationship's still new. So when we get back I'll have them meet somehow."
    "How long are you gonna be gone for?"
    "Four months." I say sighing.
    "That's a while." He says giving me a skeptical look.
    "I know."
    "What about Maggie?" He asks picking up the puppy.
    "She's gonna stay with uncle Shannon." I say flashing him a smile. "Or uncle Tomo, he'll be happy to take her."
    "I know he will." He chuckles setting her on the counter so she can lick his face.
    "It's too late for you to go home, so stay in the guest room, I'll even let you sleep with Maggie." I chuckle grabbing a bottle of water, heading up to my room.
    "What's he look like?" Shannon asks.
    "He's tall, thin, muscular, he wears thick glasses, he's got black hair, a perfect jaw. He's a hot nerd honestly."
    "Hm." He scoffs before disappearing into the guest room.