Chapter 2

Amara's POV

What if I go a little towards my left?

I watched the wolf leap towards me, a little too fast for me to come up with a better plan. I closed my eyes as I waited for the impact but heard a whine instead. I opened my eyes to see the wolf hanging in the midway in the air.

Confused, I tilted my head to look behind him and saw one of the men holding the wolf by his neck using only his hands.The other 3 were standing behind him, not very close but not too far away either.

"Now this isn't fair, is it? Since she is a human, you should be fighting with her in your human form as well, you dirty little swine." said the man as he grabbed the wolf's paws with his other hand crushing them slowly. The wolf whined loudly, letting us know how excruciating the pain was.

"Come on Eli-ass, let us play with him as well." said one of the men from behind.

The man whose name apparently is Eli-ass threw the wolf in their direction without any effort.

I tried to look behind his body frame to see what was happening to the wolf but Eli-ass came in front of me.

"Do you take forever to thank?" he said.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I mean thank you." I replied as I lifted my head up letting our eyes meet.

Another whine made me cringe.

"You're not going to kill him, right?" I asked him.

"Well, you're the victim here. You can decide his fate."

"Don't kill him, but don't let him hunt for humans again."

"Already ordering me, eh?" he replied in a little hushed voice.

"Huh?"

"Theo, Rome, Damien. You can stop now. I don't think he'll be able to move for a long time again." he called out to his companions.

"5 more minutes, pleaseee." replied one of the men as the other two grabbed him away from the wolf and walked towards us.

I thanked the 3 of them as they came and stood beside Eli-ass.

"I'm not sure if a thank you is enough." said the one who had to be dragged here. "Can we have the pleasure to know your name?"

"I'm Amara." I replied hoping that we'll part our ways soon.

"I'm Theo, the hot one." he said pointing towards himself. "This is Rome, the nerd." he said pointing at the one with glasses. "That is Damien, our mom." he said pointing out at "the mom" who made an annoyed face. "And that is Eli-ass, the ass of the group if it isn't obvious." he said. As he said that, Eli-ass smacked Theo's head, causing him to roll his eyes.

"It's Elias. Are you going to the Christmas Celebration?" asked Elias.

"Yeah, I am. I think I should go now, my parents will be worried." I replied as I hinted the fact that someone is probably looking for me.

"Ah, great. Then I suppose you wouldn't mind accompanying us there?" said Elias with an arched eyebrow and a little smirk.

"Sure." I said as I started walking towards the town hall with the 4 of them behind me.

As soon as I reach there, i'll just go and hide in the crowd.

As we neared the town hall, we could hear the alpha's speech. He was talking about a very important werewolf figure coming to the celebration in search for his mate and how we all have to make him feel as welcomed as he can.

We walked in as he was about to finish his speech. He glanced at the newly appearing guests.

"Oh, they are already here. Please welcome our guests." he said looking towards me? No, more like behind me as the other people turned their heads towards us.

They stared at me, then behind me as I stared back at them. I saw my parents looking at me with the same confusion as I was looking at them.

"The people in your town are very kind, Brutus. She agreed to guide us here." said Elias as I turned towards him.

"I'm glad, Elias. I don't expect less from my citizens. I'm sure you'd like to take a look at the females to check if any of them is your mate, we made them stand in a line for it to be easier."

"There is no need." Elias replied as he looked at me, not letting his eyes wander anywhere else. "I believe I've already found my mate."

"Already found your mate? Did you smell her from afar? Who is she?" said our clueless Alpha.

"Come on Brutus, can't you already make out that Amara is his mate?" Theo said while rolling his eyes.

I am not against the mate system in the werewolf species, but I don't want to be involved with it. If I am his mate, then i'll have to say goodbye to all my travel plans and all the money that i've earned till now will go to waste. I thought to myself.

"So, it is Amara? Very well, since you've already found your mate, I guess there is no reason to delay the celebrations anymore than this?"

"You can begin them." Elias replied as he started taking steps towards me.

What do I do? I grew more and more anxious. What can I do? I ended up doing what all the girls in the werewolf stories do.

I ran.

**********************************************************************

Well, she ran. I suppose we all can guess what will happen next? ;-)