Chapter 13: Kissing Him

Harry dives into the ground, which drew gasps and cheers from the crowd. Hermione stands up, her fingers crossed in her mouth, as Harry streaked toward the ground like a bullet.

My eyes follow, Professor Snape as he flies around on a broom, his robes billowing behind him, his black eyes not looking at the game but scanning the crowds, his eyes meet mine and a smirk appears on his lips as he zooms around the field. I blush as he keeps his eyes on me.

Harry comes up with a fluttering golden ball wrapped tightly in his fists, its wings still beating relentlessly against his fingers.

The stands erupt; it had to be a record, no one could ever remember the Snitch being caught so quickly.

"Ron! Ron! Where are you? The game's over! Harry's won! We've won! Gryffindor is in the lead!" Hermione shrieks, dancing up and down on her seat and hugging Parvati Patil in the row in front. Harry jumps off his broom, a foot from the ground.

As Gryffindors came spilling onto the field, I watch as Professor Snape lands nearby, white-faced and tight-lipped. Snape spits bitterly on the ground, not with as much spite as I would have thought there'd be but with a small smile instead.

Later during the evening, the air had never smelled so sweet. Walking over damp grass, I relive the last hour in my head, which was a happy blur: Gryffindors running to lift Harry onto their shoulders; Ron and Hermione in the distance, jumping up and down, Ron cheering through a heavy nosebleed which I have no idea how he got.Sitting up in a tree by the forbidden forest, I look up at Hogwarts, with its windows glowing red in the setting sun.

Gryffindor is in the lead. Professor Snape didn't seem too happy about it but at least he wasn't vile about it...

  "... d-don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus..."

Nearly falling off my branch, I look down startled to see Professor Quirrell and Professor Snape, right below my branch 'talking'.

"Oh, I thought we'd keep this private," Professor Snape says, his voice icy. "Students aren't supposed to know about the Sorcerer's Stone, after all."

Leaning forward, I hear Professor Quirrell mumbling something. Snape interrupts him.

"Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?"

"B-b-but Severus, I --"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," Professor Snape snarls, taking a step toward him.

"I-I don't know what you"

"You know perfectly well what I mean." An owl hooted loudly, and I nearly fall out of the tree. I steady myself in time to hear Professor Snape say, "-- your little bit of hocus-pocus. I'm waiting."

"B-but I d-d-don't --"

"Very well," Snape cut in. "We'll have another little chat soon when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie." He threw his cloak over his head and strode out of the clearing.

I wait for a few minutes before, Professor Quirrell finally leaves, and I make my way back to the castle, not looking where I'm going seeing as I am kind of preoccupied with what I had just witnessed, it is no surprise that I am able to bump into a wall.

"Ow..."I groan, rubbing my forehead, my fingers in the damp grass. Wait...there shouldn't be a wall in the middle of a field. Tentatively, I look up at the 'wall' that I had bumped into and nearly faint when I see Professor Snape standing over me. I groan internally, why am I always bumping into him when I least expect it?

"Sorry, Professor," I murmur, picking myself off of the ground. "Didn't see you there."

"Ah! Miss Hope. I knew it could have been you. After all, you have this bad habit of bumping into others," Professor Snape teases. "Curfew is about to pass. What are you doing out of your dorms?"

"I fancied a walk. What are you doing out here Pro-"

"Severus. When it is only two of us. Call me Severus."

I gulp, shocked that he'd allow me to call him by his first name. "Um...then you can call me Victoria. What are you doing out here then, Pro-Sev-fessor?" I stutter, mixing up what I call him. I blush a deep red as he gives a small chuckle. Hmm...I don't ever recall hearing him chuckle, much less laugh in the time I've been in Hogwarts.

"It's okay if you aren't comfortable with it for now. Take your time, Toria."

My blush deepens at the unusual nickname he just came up for me. "To answer your question, I was just moping about Gryffindor being in the lead."

Liar. "Hmm...how's your leg? It was badly mauled if I recall after Halloween."

"It's fine," he mutters, his eyes not meeting mine.

"Pro—I mean...Severus..."I hesitate for a second. "What were you doing with Professor Quir-"

At this point, I don't even remember had answered, cause before I could even finish asking him the question his warm lip were on mine, a thousand tingles shoot through my body from our touching lips, a warmness lingers where the sparks have crossed and I feel like I'm in heaven.