Ch.3: Hottie With A Body

"H...Hi..." I shyly greet. What is wrong with me? Am I really acting shy around some guy? Nah...
C'mon Eli, you can do this!
Eye of the tiger! Yes, I am such a weirdo.
I REGRET NOTHING!

"I'm Nick Rider. You?" He asks, sounding completely uninterested.

"I'm Eliza Santos, nice to meet you"
I introduce myself, trying my best to sound confident. Did I sound way to excited? I think I did... Did I though?
SNAP OUT OF IT, ELIZA!

"Well, why'd you want us to talk, Mrs.?
I'm pretty sure I would've approached her one way or another, and
matchmaking doesn't seem like your thing." Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.
I'm leaving. Buh bye, world!

Puh-lease, this man is a hottie with a body (trademark Titus Andromedon)! He wouldn't go for a girl like you!

Then why did
he say it, eh?!
And as if he'd go for a girl like you!

I'm the same person as you, Dumbo!

Oh right. I forgot.

Typical! Why couldn't I be a smart person's conscience?!

I was snapped out of my trance by someone literally snapping their fingers in front of me, catching my attention. Oh, that's new. I normally don't doze off like that, I have to stay alert, mostly around Missy. But this was different. Yeah, she snapped her fingers in front of me all the time, having me plan her murder to every excruciating detail.
This snapping of fingers didn't only make me mad, but also a tad embarrassed. Embarrassed of dozing off in front of the whole class, a teacher who's moody today and a new hottie. NOPE. And some new guy. Yup. New guy. Totally not a hottie. Haha...
Shush your face!

"Hello? Earth to Emily?" His low voice mused. Really? Emily?

"Really? Emily?" I asked. I've always been one to speak my mind. Or my mind has always been one to speak without my approval.

Yes, I have ;)
We're looking at a total hottie and
you're making a fool out of ourselves!
>:(

"Oh, right. What was it again? Emily? Emilia? Sarah?" Seriously now?! Sarah?!
That's nowhere near my name and I just introduced myself!

"It's Eliza. E-L-I-Z-A. Eliza. E.L.I.Z.A."
I clarified. Maybe I went a little overboard...

Ya think?!

Shush your face!

He looked down at his hands, bringing them in front of his face. He pulled out of an imaginary envelope an imaginary card and- "The Spelling Bee prize of 2017 goes to...-" He took his phone out of his pocket and clicked an app. Immediately, the sound of a drumroll came out of the classroom's speakers.
"Emily Santos!" The whole classroom erupted into clapping and cheering. Heck, even a rose flew to my feet.
Is there a new Prop shop in town? I was banned from the last one :(.

"For the millionth time, It's Eliza!" I vigorously corrected him.

"Well now I know who's NOT getting the Annual Math Prize." Ten minutes with him and I already can't stand him. If only he didn't look so good! Snap out of it, Eliza!

"It's only the third time, princess." He is getting on my nerves. Just like his good looks are being tattooed into my brain... Damn it!