Ch. 5 Rebellion

****WARNING****

This is a very dramatic chapter!

I repeat.

Very dramatic chapter!

----------

I freeze. Linda...

-Linda's POV-

*Two hours earlier*

I walk to Chemistry Class, early as always. I want to arrive early to all classes. Maybe not as first to get there, but definitely not not last. All eyes would be on me and my eyes would get watery. It's happened before.. At my old schools. Anyway! I get to class just in time.

"Hello, Mrs. Passwater"
I greet the teacher.

"Hi, Linda, how are you doing?" She asks. She calls me by my first name because we met earlier today, at the principal's office. She's very nice, with me at least. I've heard she's strict with other students though.

"I'm fine. I'm kinda used to this... New school and all..." I answer.

"We're assigning partners today, would you like to choose yours?" She asks me, probably trying to change the subject.

"I don't really know anyone, so whoever would be fine..." I shyly respond.

"Oh, well then. I hope you don't mind but I'll assign someone with low grades to you, maybe you can help her?" She asks. Having a girl friend would be nice I guess. If I tutor her, we'd probably spend some time together.

"Sure, fine by me,
Mrs. Passwater."

Students start rolling into class, slowly taking their seat on double tables. I sit on an empty one at the back of the class. I don't really pay attention to the people taking their seats, and start reading some instructions on my textbook.

"So, people. Today we're assigning partners for the rest of the school year" Mrs. Passwater tells the class.

"Yay!" Everyone yells.

"Correction. I'M assigning partners." She corrects.

"Awww..." Almost everyone mumbles.

"Anyway, pay attention to your partner's name and take a seat next to them." She explains.
"No switching. I'll find out."

"Bynes and Miller.
Williams and Fleming.
Adams and Henderson."
The list went on and on. It sounded like she just threw names in a basket and started picking them out. I knew my partner would be an underachiever so I wasn't getting my hopes up or anything, also I didn't know anyone, so I had no preferences.

"Miranda and Montgomery." I froze.
There had to be another Montgomery. There couldn't be just one. I lifted my gaze, which was blurry with nervous tears already, and I saw her. The girl from earlier today. Missy Montgomery. Just her name gave me chills. Her gaze was so heavy, I felt pressure on myself. She seemed evil. And very scary.

"Miranda. What a... Different, name."

"H..Hi, Missy..."