Chapter 3

Of course, that day didn't go too well for Tom. Tord just contiuned to stay in his room and fully ignore all three of his friends, which worried Tom greatly. But, he couldn't really figure out what was wrong with him, nor would he answer any questions he asked through the door. So, the Brit gave up heavy hearted and fell asleep on the couch, hoping the next day would bring better results.

The next day, Tom woke up early in the morning, before any of his friend did, like usual. He patiently waited on the couch for someone else to wake up, but he was hoping that someone else would be Tord so he could talk to him.
But, Tom's luck already proved to be against him, shown by the fact that Matt and Edd were up not even thirty minutes later and not his little friend. He just shrugged it off and decided to follow his group into the kitchen to get some breakfast, even if he wasn't that hungry.

As he poured some cereal into his bowl, he heard Tord enter the kitchen tiredly. He smiled and looked up, waving once again at his friend. Tord stayed silent and ignored Tom again, just grabbing a bowl. He sat down diagonally away from Tom at the table, which confused the Brit. Usually, the Norwegian would sit next to him or across from him. He tried to say a simple greeting to him, in the meantime, but gained no response back. But, strangely, Tord talked to Edd and Matt in an upbeat manner, completely ignoring Tom's presence.

   After a few minutes of Tom trying to get Tord's attention, he just stayed silent and got up, keeping his eyes hidden.
   "I'm... not hungry." He stated and walked away and back to the living room. He walked past the couch and straight to the front door, opening the door, and walking outside. He could imagine his friends looking after him, very confused. Tom barely showed a bothered or sad side and was usually upbeat. Everything that hurt him, he would ignore. So it was strange he would just leave, but he couldn't help it. It somehow really hurt him that Tord, of all people, was ignoring him completely. He had no idea why, but he hated this feeling he was getting.

He stopped by the curb of his house's driveway and sat down, hugging his knees close to his chest and resting his chin on his knees. He sighed slightly and closed his eyes, his mind swirling around a single question in his mind; why did he even care that much at Tord wa ignoring him? He never really talked much as it was, but it just bothered him, and he wanted to know why.
After a few moments of him thinking, he heard the door to the house open and close behind him as someone walked up beside him. The figure sat next to him and placed a hand on his back, patting him slightly. Tom opened his eyes and looked over to see who had followed him. Of course, it was his best friend. Edd smiled slightly, which was rare of the grumpy man to do. Tom smiled back slightly.

"You ok?"
"Can I be honest with you?"
"Of course."
"Then no, no I am not ok."
"What's bothering you?"
Tom sighed and pushed his face back into his knees "I don't know why... but just Tord ignoring me is bothering my mind."
Edd nodded softly. "Well, do you have any leads to why?"
"Nope. But it just bothers me. Even if he doesn't talk much... I feel like he always would tell me everything, but now he's just... cutting himself off from me. It's only been one day and it's messing with me. Does that make me clingy?"
Edd laughed. "No. At least, I don't think it does. I think I may know what's wrong. But, I need to know something."
"And what is that?"
"Well, how do you feel around him?"
Tom thought for a moment of how to put his thoughts into words. "I don't know how to truely describe it, I guess... I mean, I've been one of his best friends ever since high school, and he always seemed open to me fully. I guess I feel like I can protect him if I know more about him, and if something happens to him, I can stop whatever it is... I guess I feel overprotective."
Edd nodded. "Yeah, ok."
"Well, do you know what's wrong with me?"
"Maybe, but I don't know for sure." Edd said and stood up. "Wanna come back in?"
"Nah, I'm fine out here."
"Alright. Take your time." He replied and headed back into the home. Tom sighed slightly and closed his eyes again.