Chapter 5

Tom didn't get any sleep that night, so it was no surprise that when Edd, Matt, and Tord woke up, they found him on the couch with bags under his eyes. Edd instantly went over to him.
   "Buddy? Are you ok? You don't look so well." Tom looked over to his best friend, and nodded, looking at Tord, who was a short ways behind Edd. The small noweigian looked away, rubbed his arm, and sped walked into the kitchen, though he didn't seem to catch at Tom was looking at him.
    "I'm.... fine." Tom finally replied and looked back at Edd.
    "Why do you look so tired?" Matt asked, walking up besides Edd.
    "I didn't get any sleep last night." He replied simply, as if it was no big deal.
   "Why not?" Edd asked and Tom shrugged, not wanted to tell them his realization yet. He just turned his attention back to the bottle he held in his hand. He took a swig of the alcoholic beverage and sat back on the couch, leaving space for Edd and Matt to join him. His two friends did, and Matt quickly turned on the tv so they wouldn't have an awkward silence between the three of them.

   As the day went on, Tom didn't really see Tord that much. He guessed he went back to his room, like he had been doing for the past two days. It still didn't sit well in Tom's stomach, but at least he knew what was wrong with him. The Brit kept getting up to get bottles of beer, not really caring how much he drank. He was always like that. He never watched how many bottles he drank, or how drunk he got. He would just do it mindlessly, as if he didn't care if he passed out, threw up, or even died of alcohol poisoning. He always blamed it on his high alcohol tolernece level, but something in the back of his mind told him otherwise. He didn't listen to that part of him, though, he liked staying his optimistic, happy self, since that seemed to balance the group out.
    Since the Brit didn't care how much he drank, it wasn't surprising when he was drunk off his ass not even an hour later. His friends didn't even realize it, to be honest. Tom just layed back on the couch, hiccuping here and there, and with a dazed look on his face. It wasn't until a certain dull red wearing norski walked down the stairs and noticed him.

  "U-uh... E-Edd? Matt?" He walked over to his two friends and pointed to the third. The looked at him confused, then looked at each other, and then at Tom, to realize that he was just being a silent drunk. Tord briskly walked over to him.
   "T-Tom? Are y-you ok?" Tord asked nervously, and looked at his friend worriedly. Tom got up, awkwardly, off of the couch and looked down at Tord, swaying in place slightly. Tord looked down, panicking, thinking that he should have let his friend sit there.
   "S-s-s-sorry...." Tord stuttered, a small panic attack coming on. He had those pretty frequently, but they could turn out bad if left alone. Tom seemed to be the only one of the group that knew how to solve the little bursts of panic.

   It seems that even in his drunken state, Tom knew exactly what to do. He intatanly hugged Tord, guessing an attack was coming on. The norski froze and straightened up in his arms for a second before melting into the hug and slowly calming down. Edd and Matt watched on with soft smiles before Edd stood up and ushered Matt out of the room, guessing they should leave the two alone. Why? It jut seemed like the right thing to do since Tom seemed to speak his mind a lot more when he was drunk and not get pissed or something like that. If anything, he was a happy and lovey-dovey drunk.

    After a few minutes, Tom sensed that his friend had calmed down and pulled back from the hug. Tord smiled softly up at him and looked away. Tom chuckled and hiccuped.
   "It's f-fine." Tom stumbled over his words and hiccuped again. "I don't mind a cutie like you making sure yhat I'm ok." Tord blushed bright red and snapped his attention back to Tom. The drunk British man had a lazy smile plastered on his face and a small blush on his cheeks. Tord looked away swiftly again, trying to hide his blush. He eventually calmed down after a few seconds, telling himself it was just the alcohol talking. He looked back up at Tom, almost shyly.

"C-come on. Y-you should sit b-back down..." Tord commented once he noticed Tom was swaying. Tom nodded and sat back down the couch, pulling Tord with him. The norski let out a small kitten squeak and landed on Tom's lap, still blushing softly. Tom chuckled again.
"You're too..." he paused to hiccup. "... cute for me!" Tom finished and laughed. Tord blushed brighter and buried his face in his baggy hoodie. He got up off of Tom's lap, causing the Brit too look at him confused.
"What?" Tom asked, hiccuping once again. Tord stayed silent and ran off, back up this room, leaving a confused, drunk Tom on the couch.