12: Start Over (?)

(A/N) Gif doesn't really apply, but he just looks fine af, so why not?

Jackson

I pace around the dance floor waiting for Luna and the choreographer to get in here.
Their probably arguing with each other about Luna being paired with me.. she's probably begging to be paired with Mark or something.
"Alright!" Lana, the choreographer, shouts. "Let's get started. Now, your piece transitions from the group's performance, meaning you two are gonna have about 5 seconds to compose yourselves, alright?"
We nod.
"Good. Your piece has a sensual, but gloomy feel to it. Like you can't seem to be close to each other emotionally no matter how hard you try, but physical intimacy is easy. Are you following?"
We both nod, knowing exactly how that feels.

After hours and hours of practice, I lay on the floor, completely spent.
"Here." I look up and Luna's offering me her hand. I gladly accept and she helps me up.
"Thanks."
"No problem. Take this." She hands me a full bottle of water.
"Okay, are you like... dying or something? No... wait, am I dying?!" I clutch my heart, kind of frightened.
"No, you're fine, I'm fine. Well... not really." She lets out a dry laugh, falling onto the couch with a thud. "It's just that were not dying. Physically. Yet. Cuz we all die, right?"
Chuckling a bit, I respond, "Yeah, I guess." I place myself next to her. "Unless you're an immortal being of some sort. Like a vampire." I put my index fingers in front of my mouth like fangs, and surprisingly enough, she laughs at me.
"This is what I missed.." She looks down at her feet that are crossed in front of her.
A small smile creeps onto my lips. "Me too."
"You know, I thought about what you said that morning a couple weeks ago.. you're right, and I'm sorry."
I look at her, sort of astounded. "'You're right?' How'd those words taste coming out of your mouth?"
"Surprisingly enough, not too terrible. I'm not liking the fact that I'm wrong, but it's okay." She chuckles.
A less awkward silence falls over us as we sit next to each other, somewhat comfortably for the first time in over 2 years.
It's nice.
"Hey, Luna?"
"Hmm?"
"You are right, though."
"What?"
"About me. I'm too righteous for my own good.. I end up hurting myself helping others, or what I think is helping others.. I've decided to maybe focus on myself a bit.. you know, help myself out a little more."
I look over at her, and she smiles. "Good. You deserve it."
Seeing her smile, and hearing her somewhat of a compliment, I smile, too.
Maybe we can start over.