13: Mark and Jinyoung

Luna

I feel like Jackson and I had a decent conversation yesterday.
But today is another forced bonding day with us and the guys, and we have to spend the day with our partners and just our partners. I don't know if I can handle that; unprofessional time with Jackson, like we're friends. Seeing him hurts, a lot. And before I get yelled at for saying that since I left him, a fact which we all know and don't need reiterated, it's still a reminder of my stupidity, which as you can guess, doesn't feel great to be reminded of.
Plus, I don't like the fact that I tossed away one of the best things that had ever happened to me.
I'm riding in a taxi to the dorm, JYP telling me this morning to head over there right away.
I don't understand what the rush is, I'd think it'd be better to call later, let him get his bearings before I just show up.
But what JYP says, goes, so..
I walk up to the dorm, rapping on the door a few times, then taking a small step back, rocking back and forth from heel to toe.
The door opens to reveal a sleepy, shirtless Mark.
"Oh, Luna. What are you doing here?"
"JYP had me come over today for "bonding" time so Jackson and I don't look too distant during our stage."
"Ah. Well, come on in, Jinyoung and I are the only ones awake. So you get to wait," he chuckles.
I let out a small laugh and step in.
Surprisingly enough, it doesn't look like a man cave. There are just a TON of shoes.
Looking into the rest of the house, it just looks.. basic. Relatively clean, no flashy items anywhere, there is an Xbox hooked up to the TV, but that's the only thing that reflects who lives here.
"Sorry, there's a bit of a mess in here according to Jinyoung, but besides that... yeah. This is our humble abode."
I nod. "It's nice in here. Kinda not... lived in, though."
"Yeah, we moved in at the beginning of the year. We're still adjusting, too. There are six rooms to the four in the old dorm, so it's nice that all of us can have our own room with the exception of the maknaes."
I nod. I know how cramped it can be with 7 people in a dorm.
Mark plops down onto the couch and grabs his bottle of water off the coffee table. "So how have you been, stranger? You never call anymore."
"Didn't think you wanted to hear from me since the breakup."
"Lu, you were my friend before he was. You're like my baby sister. I'm not just gonna push you away."
"But you said you were pissed at me.."
"I was, but it's not like I wanted you to stop talking to me. I just knew you loved him, and I didn't know why you left him."
I sigh. "It's complicated."
"You said that 2 years ago," he says after swallowing his swig of water.
"Well, it is."
"Too complicated to tell me?"
"What's complicated?" Jinyoung walks into the living room with a mug of something, sipping on it tentatively.
"Nothing, Jinyoung." She runs her hand through her hair, exhaling sharply.
"Is it what happened with Jackson in college?"
"Jinyoung, drop it."
"I'm not gonna drop it, you hurt him-"
"Do you think I don't know that?"
"Then why'd you do it?"
"I was dealing with some things."
"Luna, you know Jackson would've understood-"
"You know what, I don't need this. I'm going to wait outside, let Jackson know when he gets up." I go to walk out.
"Let me know what?"
I turn around, and see Jackson standing there in his wife beater and joggers, biceps on full display, no makeup, sleepy eyes, morning voice, and bedhead.
Let's just say that if I wasn't pissed, I'd be drooling.
I open phone up and show him the text from JYP to show up here.
"I'll be outside, take as long as you like."
I turn on my heel and start walking out of the living room, when Jackson says, "no, Luna, have some breakfast. It'll be good for us before we head out."
"Yeah, Luna. Have some breakfast with us." Jinyoung agrees. I can practically feel the smug-ass look on his face. He knows I won't refuse because it'd be rude.
Turning back to the boys, I grit my teeth, and reluctantly agree.
This is gonna be a BLAST.