Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Belles POV:

"Ok class," Mrs. Barlow speaks up, "You should have four tabs for your binder, a notebook, and you’re writing utensils. Make sure you have all the items needed, no more, no less." Tobey looks at me and says, "Hey, are you ok?" his baby-blue eyes look into mine and I am speechless. "I- I-" I can't tell him what Zayn told me or is about to say, so I lie, "Yeah, he was just asking me about my classes." He looks over at Zayn for a split second and focuses back to me. "Oh, um ok" He shifts his body weight back into his chair. "So the first tab in your math binder should be called: warp ups. We will get your brain moving and progressing with these simple questions." All around me I hear paper being flipped, pencils dropped, and the flipping of plastic sleeves. Then after about 40 seconds, the hustle stops. Next came the pen clicking. When we have all finished labeling our tabs and organizing, I feel soft fingertips touch my arm.

I turn around and see Zayn with his chair turned towards me. "Spill it, Zayn." He looks at me, then down at his feet, and then back up to me. His golden eyes turn dark and say, "In high school, the guys and I used to hang out with Tobey a lot. Every day, until one day something changed. There was a little fight between Harry and Tobey, but they've had some fights before, just not like this one. Harry picked up on something with Tobey and tried asking him what was wrong a few times. Tobey wouldn't tell him so Harry asked politely one last time and that was the last straw for Tobey. He couldn't take him asking one more time. Tobey threw a punch at Harry. It was a strong punch too, so hard, it broke his jaw. Harry got so angry at Tobey that he threw one back at him, not knowing it was a lot harder than Tobey's. Harry broke Tobey's nose and had a small concussion, but lost him memory of us. After he was healed, he transferred to a new school to start over."

I couldn't even process what I was hearing. They’re both so nice and caring. "Is- Is Harry still like that?" "What do you mean?" He asks. "I mean, does he still punch and hurt people?" "Oh, no.  He does only to protect the people he loves. Like when Evan tried to hurt you." My heart jumped at the thought of him caring so much for me. I slowly began to smile from ear to ear and slid down in my seat until my hair went over my chair.

Harry's POV:

I walk into my math class and there is a man with dark brown hair sitting on the desk with a yo-yo. It gracefully falls down then floats back up over and over again. I must be early because there is no one else in the room. I go up to him and he stops playing with the yo-yo immediately. "Uhm, is this room 2095?" He smiles showing his pearl white teeth and says, "Yes, and I'm Mr. Roman. What's your name? I'd think it would be something like Graham." I grin, "No it's Harry Styles." He looks through the roll and says, "Oh, here you are, Harry." We sit there in silence for a while until Niall walks in. As soon as Niall and I sit down, people start flooding in like a stream when it's just starting to rain. Before I knew it, it’s time for my major. "European Cultural Studies" I whisper underneath my breath. I walk quickly out of the room and head to ECS.

Belle's POV:

I walk into Mrs. Moor’s room and I figure I'm early. There are only a few people in here and I think I recognize one. "Liam?" I say, hoping it's him and not a complete stranger. He turns abruptly and looks at me. "Belle? You have Bio Chem as your major too?" I feel as if my whole world lit up. "Yeah. This is so awesome; I've only had Harry and Zayn in my classes so far." His lips curl into a smile. "Harry?" I laugh and say, "Yes Harry, but only in one class but it's better than none." "Well I hope that you two have at least one more class together." I smile and put my books down to fill up my water bottle.

Harry's POV:

I quickly walk out of the classroom and head to European Cultural Studies. I walk so fast, I don't realize I've bumped into Belle. "Hey babe-" I stop myself. "Sorry, I meant Belle." She blushes and says, "No- no it's fine." She smiles. "So what's your next class?" I ask her. "Bio Chem. What about you?" "Uh, European Cultural Studies." She laughs and replies, "Really? I guess you have a lot to learn." She jokes and winks. We stand there in silence and I rock on my heels. She breaks the ice, "Well I've got to head over there....because...well you know-" I cut her off and hold her hand, "I know what you mean." I say. Before I knew what I was doing, I kiss her on the cheek. I stop after and say, "S-sorry I-" "Stop apologizing and we'll finish that later." She steps back and turns on her heel to go to her class. "Ok, see you later." I say, grinning. I feel like she actually wanted that kiss. I look at my watch and run to ECS.