words

i usually know what to say but when i talk to you i choke on every last word that escapes my lips and they feel like smoke burning my lungs. every word is another stab in this body that i thought was mine. but these words have to be said they've been kept in this cage for too long and they've been slowly rotting my bones and hollowing my teeth. it's been so long since i've spoken my mind to you and now is the time. no holding back. just me and these aching words that hang in the air between us and steal our oxygen when we breathe. because that's how you attached me. you sweet talked your way into my heart and wrote your story on it and filled it with complements and promises that we both knew weren't true. but you said them anyways and branded me with lies to the point where i am second guessing everything about you and myself as well. sometimes i can feel the words sometimes on my skin and can see them when i look in the mirror. but now i know they were not complements they were insults that cut deeper than knives and are more permanent than tattoos. and these promises that you can't keep drain me of the small bit of warmth i have left as i feel myself turn into a cold shell of a girl i used to be. these veins don't flow with my own blood anymore but the words you spoke and the words i believed and the words i trusted. i am no longer yours. that does not mean the words will go away. not at all. i feel hollow now, because these words no longer have a home but they cannot escape. these words have robbed me of my life and taken its place. if these words disappear, i am nothing.
-i have no home anymore