insanity

I hate how I sat there and let you use me. break me. starve me. I thought we were best friends but it was only when you had no one that you shined your light on me, only when you were bored and lonely did you call me up. only when you needed someone to bail you out of some stupid situation you put yourself in. I've separated myself from you because thats what I saw fit, and instead of accepting it you pushed and pushed and pushed until I was so worn down I couldn't do anything but say yes. I couldn't even focus on myself anymore because I was so goddamn occupied with keeping you sane. keeping you happy. after nearly a year of this you lost it. went insane. nothing occupied your body but self hatred, and you radiated it. it made you its home, clouded your good memories with pain that didn't exist; it took complete hold of you with no intention of letting go. you ran to me. as fast as your legs could possibly carry you, you ran to me and every word you spoke was seeping with pain and problems. but this time, I couldn't help you. I never made you feel whole because you made the choice of feeling empty. you drove yourself to the edge of a cliff and now you're trying to take me with you. 

-I can't go