2

Picture above is Bonnie ☝️

Bonnie-
26 years later~

I've been living with Gerard and the guys ever since I first got here. I've grown up quite a bit. The guys just don't understand. Gerard said that once you die you stay at the age you died at. Yet I still grew up. According to Gerard, I stopped aging at 29 years old.

If I were still aging I would be 30. But for some reason I stopped at 29. Why couldn't I have stopped at 30? Uhg! My OCD! Anyways, we all live together in a small castle.

Growing up as a child, Gerard was always kind to me, but when I turned 13, that all changed

Growing up as a child, Gerard was always kind to me, but when I turned 13, that all changed. He started treated me different. He was always cold towards me after that. I don't know why though. He's always like this towards the others too. Like, every morning when I say good morning, he looks at me with a sullen look and either just nods or waves.

Before he used to smile and say good morning back. I don't know why he's like this now. Maybe since I'm older now he decided to start treating me like the others. Well, from the time I was 13 to now, there was one time he had actually done something very kind to me.

Gerard had gotten me a brand new marching band uniform when I turned 18! Before my uniform was a sleeveless parade vest with a tue-tue and ballet shoes. The standard marching band uniform that all little girls wear. But this was Gerard had costume made!

But that's not all, I was old enough to become one of his followers too! Though, I don't stand on the float with the rest of the guys. What I do is even better! I stand in front of the float and lead the parade! At first I didn't understand why Gerard did this.

Here in the Black Parade we do not celebrate one's birthday. It is pointless to celebrate the day that someone was born into the living world. That's what Mikey told me anyways. But I was not about to question this new privilege and uniform! I was so overjoyed, it took every bit of self control to not tell Gerard "I love you".

Ever since I turned 29, Gerard has been... less cold towards me. He greets me properly each morning and allows me to have some physical contact with him and he has stopped barking at me. "Good morning Gerard!" I greeted as I walked out from my room.

He looked at me with a small smile and waved. "Good morning Bonnie. Did you sleep well?" He asked. I tilted my head sideways, signaling "somewhat". "And yourself?" I asked. "Not all too well my dear." He replied. Gerard never sleeps well anymore.

What's weird is that this started on the night of my 29th birthday. I haven't really been sleeping all too well either. "Hey Gerard? Could I ask you something?" I asked. "Certainly. Come." He said. I followed him up the corridor and he led me inside to his private quarters.

He closed the door after him, letting me in first and sat behind a desk with his fingers intertwined and his chin resting on his hands. I haven't been in his room in years. He used to let me come in here all the time. But since my 13th birthday, he hasn't let me in without permission.

"What do you wish to ask me?" Gerard asked. I cleared my throats and stood in front of his desk. "Why exactly did you take me in upon my arrival?" I asked. When a child is brought to the Black Parade, they are sent away to an orphanage.

"Because my dear, when you first came here, I knew that you did not belong in such a stuffy old orphanage. I knew you were special. You were not meant to be an orphan. No. You were meant to be here. I knew you belonged here with us." Gerard explained.

I didn't know what to say. A tear rolled down my cheek. Huh... I haven't cried in years. I use to cry all the time when I was little. I ended up doing something kind of risky. Something I'm pretty sure the others would get in deep trouble for as Gerard is the only person allowed behind his desk.

But I bent that rule and came around his desk and hugged him. Since he was sitting down and I had to hunch my back down a little. "Thank you...! I visit that place to talk with the kids and I've seen how poorly they are treated." I mumbled into his shoulder and gave him a quick peck on his cheek.

Gerard stood up and looped an arm around my waist and rubbed my back. "I'm very pleased to have you here with us Bon." Gerard said, using my nickname. We pulled away from the hug and I looked up at him. Gerard is not that tall, but he's still taller than me.

Gerard-

As we pulled away from our hug, Bonnie looks up at me and asks, "Gerard? Why do you suppose I have aged? And why have I stopped at 29?" I was having an inner battle with my thoughts. Deciding on whether or not to tell her. Is it too soon? Or is now the right time?

Yes, of course I know why she has been aging. It rarely ever happens, but when a newcomer comes here and continues on aging, that means their destined soul mate is here as well. The person keeps aging until they are the same age as their soul mate. When they are the same age, they become attracted to each other.

They start to like each other, even if they grew to hate each other once in the past. That's what concerns me. I am also 29 and ever since Bonnie turned the same age just 10 months ago, I have noticed that I am being nicer to her. We are communicating much more than we used to.

I don't know for sure if she really is my soul mate, but if she is, then what am I to do? I don't think I'm ready to have a soul mate. Not after what happened last time... I failed to protect her and our child. Lindsey, and Bandit. "Gerard? Are you alright?" Bonnie asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Oh yes, I'm quite alright. To answer your question my dear, there are just some mysterious you will have to figure out yourself." I said. At least I was being somewhat honest. "Why don't you go join the others?" I said as I began to escort her out. "Oh um, ok then. I'll talk to you later?" She asked.

I nodded. "Of course my dear, but as of right now I am very busy. Good day." I said and shut my door. I walked over to my bed that twice the size of a regular queen sized bed and plopped down with a sigh. Bonnie. My dear sweet Bonnie. What ever am I to do with you?