Chapter 6

It was pitch black; I was as blind as if my eyes had been gouged. My body was washed cold. I brought my fingers to my eye sockets; they were still there. I turned back to stairs and tried to run up, but my foot fell through each one like it was mere projection. I felt cold like I was in a teenage girl sized freezer, but I still felt better than I ever did. I opened my eyes and I was under the new stars, but something missing. The wolf. I looked around and he was nowhere to be found although I had just met this wolf, I felt as if something had disappeared from inside me. Despite the feeling, I went back inside the house to find it was 6 a.m so I made my way back to my room and laid down again and slipped back into sleep.

In my dream, I'm stuck in a never-ending loop. No matter what the scene keeps replaying in my head, I keep coming back to the same spot. The kitchen light swings overhead; however, it's the only light in the house. Just as I go to touch the light is shut off, it immediately gets cold and I feel utter darkness. Him. I realize I have two choices - to hide out of sight or fight this fight again. Finally, I chose to hide just as the door to the house opens and he stands there. The darkness seems devilish against his figure. I don't know how I know this is a nightmare; yet, nothing about it feels like reality. Trying to calm myself down I take deep breaths and I try to wake myself up. I tried pinching, slapping myself in the face, and I even screamed till my lungs hurt.

Suddenly, I woke up sweating and panting remembering the situation that had happened and that I would have to live with these memories. I slowly slipped back down into my bed and looked at my clock 12 p.m. I proceeded to get up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I strip down and step slowly into the tub, toes flinching as they touched the chilling ceramic floor. My mind was in shreds; I would never get the picture out of my mind.

Turning the dial, old and metallic, releasing thousands of steaming hot drops trickling down my back. Closing my eyes to the water as the heat soaks into my skin. I lean against the cool tiles as my weak legs threaten to buckle. My closed eyes show me what I wanted to forget. The water pours down, it drips by my side, as my mind fades into dullness and everything is a foggy illusion. Weirdly enough the steamy water and humidity calm me; my mind off the reality. Yet, my mind is still in swirls, it's an everlasting image replaying in my mind of my father dying. Because of me. The water helps wash away the feelings, but it can never last; nevertheless, I wish it could.

After I had finished everything I needed it was one in the afternoon and I decided to walk around and see what there was here. I went down to the kitchen and found a note from my mother, saying she went to work and she'd be home late. Since we 're on the edge of the old- small town, next to the woods, there wasn't much around. Most of the things to do were in the middle of the town, the theater, the store, but yet there was a small park a little in the woods. As I walked to the small abandoned park, I felt happy. I was alone able to talk to myself and not have to sit in the silence that surrounds me. I sat on the swing and began to push myself back to get momentum started. I smiled and laughed and began to sing softly to woods around me.

"As we wake up in your room.

Your face is the first thing I see.

The first time I've seen love,

And the last I'll ever need.

You remind her that your future,

Will be nothing without her.

Never lose her, I'm afraid.

Better think of something good to say,

But it's all been done more than once.

I'll keep on trying.

Oh god don't let me be the only one who says.

No, at the top of our lungs there's no.

No, such thing as too young.

When second chances won't leave you alone.

Then there's faith in love"

It felt good to let out the soft lyrics pass my lips, then I realized something that made me stop swinging and stare. There was a guy standing by a tree about 80 ft in front of me. He heard me. He saw me. But, there was something about him that made me safe. I felt like I had met him before. Then I saw a spark in his eyes went the turn to walk away, the same spark the wolf had.

----------------------------------

edited February 8, 2018