Chapter 4

Sorry for the slow update. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cookie fell from my mouth. It was him.

"Christopher?!" his face screwed up into a confused look.

"How did you know my name?" he squints his eyes trying to figure out who I am," Wait, are you the girl I saw last night in the parking lot of that store?"

"That was you?!" I take a moment to collect myself and pick the cookie up from the floor,"W-what are you doing here?"

He held up a bag of Chinese food,"Delivery."

"Oh, I didn't realize we ordered any... Aunt Jane! Did we order Chinese?" I wait for her reply but instead, she comes shuffling to the front room. All the while Christopher is mumbling something about not remembering telling me his name.

"Oh my, here you go. It's freezing out, look at you two, both of your cheeks are flushed red. Well, come along Claire," I turn to look at him as I close the door. He stops it.

"Did you get home okay last night?"

"Y-yeah."

"You said you just moved here, what school are you going to?"

"Belmont High, why?"

"See you at school," he winks and pulls the door closed. I stand there shocked. It can't be happening, what if my dream really comes true? Is that even possible?

"Claire, can you come here?" Aunt Jane says from the other room. I walk slowly to the kitchen still dumbfounded by the recent events.

"What did you need Janie?"

"Oh, I just wanted to ask if you knew that boy?"

"Huh? Oh, no I don't know him," she nodded her head quietly.

"Well let's get to opening some more presents!"

---------------------

I lay on the trampoline, still a little damp even though I had brushed the snow off. I stare at the sky, studying the way the clouds move by, and how the snow falls lightly. I've probably been lying out here for about half an hour. My phone buzzes lightly in my pocket. It's Ally. I answer the call.

"Hey girl! How do you like my extra gift?" she squealed a little on the other side of the phone.

"I love it," my cheery voice sounded a bit fake, and Ally sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong Ally."

"That's a lie, spill."

"I can't tell you about it now. I just have one question."

"Shoot."

"Were we ever friends with a Christopher?"

"I have no idea, maybe we were when we were younger... Do you have the last name?"

"No, I can find out though."

"Why do you ask?"

"Just something going on up here, it's okay though. I'll get back to you with the last name. Love you."

"Alright, love you too."

I lie outside, watching the sun set and turn into a mass of grey and vibrant reds and oranges. My phone lets out a single buzz.

Mom to "The Fam":

Merry Christmas everybody!

6:15 pm