Chapter One: Our First Steps

"If we were not something more than unique human beings, if each one of us could really be done away with once and for all by a single bullet, storytelling would lose all purpose."

- Hermann Hese.

************************

"As a young girl, my mother always pretended to be superwoman. Someone strong and smart, who never gets tired or weak. Sometimes, I'd see her go days without eating, only drinking. Smoothies were her favorite drink, she would always tell me 'technically, I am eating! It's just blended together, it's still food!' My mom was always like that." The girl paused and exhaled slowly, a tiny little smile on her face. She always smiled whenever she spoke of her mother, one of the most important people in her life. Or well, used to be one of the most important people of her life.

"I would always ask my mother for some of what she had, even if she had nothing I always wanted something from her. As the superwoman my mother was and probably still is, she always provided whatever it was. Even if it costed her more than she could give, that's the type of person my mother was or is." She continued.

The girl hung her head down and looked at her skinny long fingers, while biting the very corner of her pink bottom lip. She breathed, looking at her uneven and unpainted nails. She wasn't a person who cared much about things like that, but she was a person who enjoyed getting feminine sometimes.

"I'm hoping my life becomes better soon, I'm looking for something but I don't know what I'm looking for. I should actually be looking for a proper job right now, but I'm currently really lazy and have no motivation to do anything. You guys are probably whining at me in the comments now, I feel it. Don't even start with me, okay? I'm tired." The girl finished talking, reaching her hand to press the black button on her camera, shutting it off.

She slowly opened her mouth to breathe out, her cold breath reaching through her teeth making her shiver. Her hands reach the handles of the black chair for support to lift her body from the comfy black leather, making it slightly squeak and spin softly once removed from the weight of the girl's slender body.

She drags her feet to her cold bed on the right side of her small room and falls on top of the soft pink fake satin pillow, her face reaching the bed first. Her long and skinny fingers rub her soft oily nose, flaring her nostrils to let her breathe more.

She turns her head to the left side to look at her brown nightstand, her relaxed eyes moving to the purple glass lamp. She stares at it intensely before making a move to turn it off, pulling on the small beaded strand hanging out of it. she wasn't going to sleep at all plus, it's only 12:34 AM and to her that's the time to be going out.

Her long thin arm reaches for her Rose gold iPhone 6S that was sitting on the nightstand patiently waiting for her to answer the many notifications from various apps and even some missed calls, but that's not why she grabbed her phone at all.

She was getting a call from her hyperactive attention seeking male companion, who considered her a best friend meanwhile she didn't have the mutual feeling because she only met him once in person. They never talked much either but whenever he talked to her it was like he couldn't get enough of her.

Her thumb pressed the green circle lightly, she held the phone slightly away from her medium sized soft clean ear knowing that she's going to hear a loud voice coming from inside her phone from her companion.