Part Two

Part Two

Cabin six, team six. My assignment and my new life.

The cabin was all wood and glass. There was a small porch but not too big. The outside wood was painted white with a red trim that looked like it had gone over a blue trim. The inside was actual wood walls. There was a room that was basically a blend of the living room and the dining room. The kitchen was small, like an apartment kitchen. There were two bedrooms and two bathrooms. One set was the girls. The other set was the guys.

The girls’ room was neat-ish. It was cleaned and everything, but it had enough stuff to announce that people lived here. There were four beds; all but one was made up. There was also four desks, all but one having stuff on it. There were four dressers, and, like the other items in the room, one was clear. I had a feeling that the bed, dresser, and desk without anything were mine.

Jay was, apparently, our cabins councilor. His job was to make sure everything went smooth in our cabin and he played, like, peacemaker when there were serious fights. He had to make sure all our school-work and Dragon-work was finished and everything.

There were three other girls in Cabin Six and two other guys, not including Jay. Their Dragons and abilities were different in range. Supposedly, all of us were training to work for the US Government and when we graduated we’d become an official team.

Claiming he had a couple other duties to accomplish, Jay had left me in the room to unpack. Said he’d be back in an hour or so. Before he’d left, he’d pointed out a closet that had bed stuff and towels in it. My mother had left a couple minutes ago. And then, I was all on my own.

I’d made my bed up with white sheets and a dark grey blanket. Spade was presently sleeping on my bed. The duffel bags I’d brought were full of my clothes. My backpack had school notebooks, books to read, my laptop, and little things I’d brought from home to remind me of home.

My clothes went in the dresser, stacked and folded and trying to take up as little space as possible. The notebooks went in the desk and my laptop went on the desk. The things I’d brought were small things: a couple of pieces of sea glass, a few small statues and a couple pictures.

“You’re Enyx? The new girl?” A male voice asked. I spun quickly.

A boy around my age was leaning in the door frame. He had a headful of blonde hair and his eye color was light also. His Dragon was a white Western Dragon. It was wrapped around his left shoulder with its tail wrapping down his arm.

“Yeah. Who’re you?” I asked.

“Me? I’m Beck Mithdenn. This is Sapphire, my Dragon.” The boy, Beck, said.

“Spade.” I said, pointing to my sleepy Dragon.

“So, are you new here? Or, are you simply being transferred into our lovely Cabin Six?” Beck asked.