Deadly Night

I get in the line to get my sleeping bag. I wish my bestfriend Dana was here, she is in the other room. I hear a bunch of guys laughing in the back of the line. It's Brad.

"Mr. Fawning, be quite! We don't want to attract the living dead." Mr. Ryan barked at them.

Such big losers they are.

I find a spot for me to sleep and try to sleep. I wait about an 1 hour and I see everybody sleeping. I check my phone and there is no service. How can I sleep this early? Especially when I'm not home. I hear another bomb right near us. That woke every body up. I check the windows quick. People are running in our field and zombies are running after them.

"We have to help them!" A girl screamed in terror.

"No, we can't." Mr. Ryan said terrified. God these people are selfish. I leave the classroom quietly. I'm going to help those people no matter what, but first I need something so I can defend my self. I go to the kitchen quickly trying to find something sharp. I hear footsteps behind me.

"Who's there?!" I asked scared.
I feel the table behind me and I feel something sharp. "I have a knife and I'm not afraid to use it! I mean it."

"Woah, woah before you do anything, it's me Brad." Brad comes out the shadows terrified.

"Oh God, Brad!" I say relieved.

"I came to help."

"It's too dangerous."

"And you think you can handle them alone. You don't know how they are." There is deep silence. I just look at him, I know he was right.

"Grab a knife, quickly." I said.

We open the cafeteria door and lead some people in. As they come in, the zombies also want to come in. I fight each one of them, I never knew I had this power inside me. The zombies had a red color around their pupil, pale face, and they ran fast. I take a close look at one and it had like spores in its skin. You know when you get a cut and it gets infected, just like that. I'm not sure to call them zombies, infected, or the sick.

"Help! Nina help!" I hear Brad cry out.

I go running to him and the zombie didn't try to bite him. It somehow tried to kiss him. I stab the zombie in the head and finished him.

"Are you alright?" I asked calmly.

"No, it tried to kiss me!!" Brad barked.

"I guess that's how they spread their infection."

"I guess. Is that all the people?"

"Yeah. Lets go inside."

"Is everybody okay?" I ask the people. They looked at me strangely.

    "Mr. Ryan this is people from the outside." I murmured while I go inside the classroom.

"What! He yelled.

"They needed saving!"

"What if they were infected? What if your are infected?"

"I checked, they aren't."

"Kick them out!"

"There is 2 innocent children in this group! You can't let them suffer!"

"Let them!"

"I've seen how they tried to pass the infection."

"How?!"

"By kissing!"

They all laughed at me.

"What are you talking about!" Mark, my friend was laughing.

We hear pounding in the window. Everybody gets stunned and shuts up. We see that the zombies were banging on the window. How they get up here? We are on 3rd floor.

"Your laughing attracted them." I said sternly.

"What are you waiting for! Board up the windows!" Brad ordered.Everybody rushes to find heavy things while I help the outsiders. "Is everyone okay?" I ask again.

"Yes, some people died but we are here. Thank you for saving us." A woman said in a Spanish accent.

"Um, we don't have sleep bags any more."

"It's okay we have some little blankets."

"Oh we have a senior on board!" I see an old lady barely with life.

"Yes, we had to save mi mama. She is very sick." A man explained with his Spanish accent.

"Here you can have my sleeping bag."

"Oh no we can't do that."

"Its okay, I wont let an old lady sleep in the cold hard floor."

"Thank very much young lady. May God bless you."
I give them a warm smile.

"Alright all done." Mr. Ryan said. "Time to sleep."

Everyone goes back to their sleeping bags. I went back to my corner with no sleeping bag. I'm not sleepy anyway so I go to the window and I find a crack. I sit down on a table, my head leaning on the wall. I just stare out thinking how this happen to our world. Who would even think this will ever happen? Oh dad I wish you were here to protect us. I miss you.