Protection

As I got to the school, I saw the teachers closing the main doors. I run faster than I already was and I dived into the school.

"Well, look at you all packed." The assistant principal said startled as I layed on the floor catching my breath.

"It's for protection." I said through breaths.

"You can't have those in school. Besides, we have teachers protecting the school on top of the building." The principal said as he walked towards me.

"Well guess what? They are going to die because they are not trained." I said annoyed.

"And you think you are?"

"Excuse me, I have to go to breakfast." I get up and go to the cafeteria. Everyone was sitting down and as I enter they all looked shocked and confused because I was packed with guns and knives. I tried to ignore their stares.

"Nina! Nina! We are over here!" My friend Dana waved at me as I got my breakfast.

"Hey you guys!" I say as I sit down.

"Wow you are packed with dangerous stuff."

"Yeah I might have a bomb, so don't touch me."

"Are you kidding?"

"Yes! Why would I carry a bomb."

"Well you are carrying pretty deadly stuff."

"Oh Dana! These are my toys!"

She laughed at me.

"So what did you guys do in a hour?" I ask my other friends.

"I stayed here." May said.

"I did too!" Bair said.

"I went to search for good food!" Chelsey said.

"I lived too far. I couldn't see my family." Libby said sadly.

"Well I did want to see my family but I took a little walk." Dana said softly.

"What you do? Bair asked perky.

"I went to see my family but the military was picking up survivors or military family, I don't know but what I know is that they wouldn't let me go with my family." I said angrily.

"Wait, why wouldn't they let you go?" Asked Libby.

"You know how my dad... served for the goverment?"

They all nodded.

"Well he can put on the list who he wants to save and he put down my mom and my little sister, but not me."

They all gasped. "Why would your dad do that?" May said in a disgusted voice.

"Same question I ask myself."

"Hey, Nina, you want to walk around the school?" Dana asked.

"Um sure but first can I put my stuff inside the class room?"

"Yeah! I'll go with you."

We got up and threw our food away.

"Isn't this some creepy stuff." Dana said as we were going up the stairs.

"For you, I fought some of those things outside, yesterday." I said.

"What!"

"Yeah, I mean I had to save..." I opened Mr. Ryan's room and I did not see something pretty. "Brad!" I see Brad on top of Rosie kissing each other and she didn't have a shirt.

"Nina!" He said surprised.

"Brad!" I was covering my eyes. I wasn't covering my eyes because of the little scene but because I wanted to cry.

"Rosie!" Dana shouted.

"Don't worry I just came to leave my stuff." I said as I put my stuff on the side of the wall. "Get back to your stuff."

"Nina! Wait!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me infront his face.

"What do you have to say?" I hissed at him. A little tear comes out of me.

"I'm sorry you were not suppose to see that."

We stare at each other for a long time.

"Next time do it behind the tables and don't forget to use protection." My voice cracked, "you don't want to get Rosie pregnant at this time."

Dana and I walk out.