The Origin Story

LOG 1 

DATE 4/17

what happens when you're the invisible kid in your high school? 

what if you wanted to turn that all around during your senior year in high school? 

sounds like a good plan right? There's only one problem, though...

you are literally actually invisible. how might you ask?  The answer is simple, my parents are superheroes. Well, my dad is, my mom, became a vigilante at least that's what my dad said she was, I've never actually got to meet her. 

It all started when my dad got home after being deployed overseas on a top secret mission. you see my dad was in the military before I was born, and during that mission, something went horribly wrong.  He says that there was a really bad explosion, but that's all he would tell me about that day.  When he got home my mom was overjoyed, because there had been talk circulating around that no one that was in the building could survive.  But my father and nine others had survived and returned home to their spouses, and everything seemed normal...

My parents had me about a year and a half after my father had come home from that top secret mission of his. But something was off about him, he was having hot flashes all the time as well as cold flashes. seems normal enough right? Wrong the nine other members were going through the same thing, they would also have the tendance to explode with anger out of nowhere. People had dismissed it as a form of PTSD, but the spouses were still highly skeptical but said nothing of it. It wasn't until the day that I had got run over by a large semi-truck did they know that something was wrong with my father and the nine other soldiers that had survived the explosion.

It had been a normal 4th of July 2005  I was almost 5 when it happened. My father's brigade would throw these annual picknicks for the families of the soldiers could see their loved ones, make friends with the other spouses and just let the children have fun and just run around.  Everything was like it was every year, that is until it hit 12 o'clock. There was a loud bang that echoed through the base, then a loud screeching sound was heard.  All the spouses and children were ordered to go inside and take cover as the sounds were being investigated. It was to be a surprise show for the children and they were testing out the sound effects for it. But the reality was that the base was under attack, it was passed off that way so there would be no panic from the spouses or children.

But me being the stubborn and mischievous child that I was, disobeyed what was being said to me and ran towards where the noise was coming from with ten other kids fallowing behind me. The adults had not seen us run the other direction because they were too busy trying to get everyone safely inside the building. we had made it into a race to see who could find out where the noise was coming from and get there first. We had managed to end up at the entrance of the base where it met the road, I had reached it first. Because of how cocky I was being, I had not seen the large semi-truck that was heading towards me going at its full speed, not intending to stop at any time.

One of the other kids that were with me had yelled: "Look Out!" out of nowhere my father had jumped in front of the truck, shielding me from it.  People watched trough the windows in horror as they witnessed what was unraveling in front of them. Everyone was shocked to see what had happened as the dust cleared...

The semi- truck had been split right in half, you could see my father's body outline go straight through it.