Date Night

Beyoncé POV

Thank goodness it's Friday. I've been avoiding Ms. Fenty like the plague all week. I take calls, email her about things she has to do but other than that, I don't interact with her. I have a date with Onika's friend tonight. I don't know what she looks like, what she does, or what she acts like but I'm still excited. I have faith that Onika didn't set me up with someone who looks like a character from Bob's Burgers or someone who is secretly a sadist. I've watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds to die on a blind date.

I'm currently standing in the mirror. I'm wearing a casual outfit with my hair down. Me and the mystery woman are going downtown to a lights festival. I'm going to take her to the best burger vendor in town before the lights festival though.

"Beyoncé! Are you ready yet? If you're late, I might actually murder you.This woman is one of the best people I know. You're lucky she even agreed to go on a date with your ungrateful ass." Onika yells from downstairs.

"Alright I'm coming I'm coming." I say grumpily.

I jog downstairs and she holds out my keys and wallet. I grab them from Onika's hand, give her a bone crushing hug, and jog out of the door.

I turn on J. Cole's "4 Your Eyez Only" in the car and practice talking points to keep conversation going. I hope this woman isn't boring. Onika could have set me up with a trash person to piss me off. She plays too much.

     She fuck with small town niggas I got bigger dreams

I pull up to the burger truck that I told the woman to meet me at. There are benches around the food trucks and the most beautiful array of lights covering the entire block. There are fireworks arranged to go off in about an hour, so me and the woman have about an hour to eat. I get out of the car and take out a sign that I made.

    The sign reads "Hi. It's Beyoncé, your blind date because of Onika." I hold up the sign high and start doing tricks with the sign.

   About 5 minutes later, a beautiful woman with black curly hair and a dazzling smiles, laughs, and walks up to me.

"You must be Beyoncé," she says with the smoothest voice and the most adorable smirk I've ever seen.

"Indeed I am. Since you have the pleasure of knowing my name, might I ask what yours is?" I say and grin, purposely closing my eyes in a childlike manner.

  "My name's Alicia, but my long time friends and siblings call me 'Keys' because I've been playing the piano basically since I came out of the womb." She says, laughs, and nods cutely in affirmation.

"Keys? Keys. Keys?" I say several times as if testing out the nickname.

"Well... I have come to the conclusion that Keys is one of the best nicknames I've ever heard." I say cheesily. Alicia giggles and blushes.

"So are you a professional musician?" I ask and gesture for her to cut in line with me.

"Yes, actually. I'm in a professional orchestra and I also do work on the side for other musicians. I've worked with a variety of singers and rappers. I think it's the best job in the world." She says in a raspy tone.

    She's beautiful and talented? I hit the jackpot.

"How about you Ms. Beyoncé?" She says and chuckles.