Chapter 1

========================================================This is my first part, and first go at this and I'm hoping you all like it. Please be nice, vote, follow, comment and enjoy! ;)

The darkness surrounded me. It engulfed my body and plagued my senses. I felt numb, my arm in torrid pain. Shit, shit, shit. The moonlight shimmered off the leaves that clung to the branches of trees; as the rain pelted down from above. It mixed with my tears, trailing down my face. My body fought against the pain, sending spams raging through me and I whimpered. I just prayed for the pain to cease and as if by magic the welcome blackness of unconsciousness took me in its grasp.

When I opened my eyes everything was hazy. My head throbbed unbearably and, just under my rib cage an intense pain pounded mercilessly. But something was different. I wasn't in the forest, nor was I in my own home.

Through the murkiness of my bewilderment, I could just decipher a silhouette standing a few metres away, leaning comfortably against a large metal column. The silhouette seemed male, quite muscular but not enough for him to be a large bulk. Of course, my eyesight had not adjusted enough for me to be able to focus on any detail of this dark shape except its figure.

"You're awake,"yes, definitely male. "I thought you'd never wake up. Thought I'd lost you." His voice was deep and dark, serious and intense.

I could only reply with a feeble moan. My whole body ached and trembled. Where was I?

"I cannot say where you are Niara, but I need you to try to get up. If you don't try, I will throw you out," His voice grew distance as I watched the shape move away. There was no hint of humour in voice; he was deadly serious.

His cold voice sent shivers through my body. Who was this dude, and why was I here?

.Here goes nothing.

Steadying my breathing I closed my eyes. I gripped the edge of the table I was lying on, the cold metal stinging my hands. I attempted to push up. Searing pain shot up my spine and rushed to my head relentlessly.

This pain was like none I had felt before. It hurt, but somehow gave me power; I gripped the table tighter, exhaling harshly. My breathing quickened as I rose but slowly I got up.

I could already feel my head clearing. The misty haze that clouded my vision was slowly lifting, everything was gradually coming into focus. I could see a large, dark metal slab with a bulky bolt-lock, which must have been the door. The walls weren't plastered, the naked brick giving the room an alternative feel. There were a few metal columns, identical to the one the mystery figure was leaning against, and the floors were cold concrete. A colossal window dominated the wall behind me, the orange glow of the horizon spilling across the concrete.

Slowly I swung my legs off the table and dangled my feet off the edge. Looking down, I began to push myself up but stopped suddenly. The sides of the table that I had been gripping moments before were dented, the metal contorted and mangled. Except the metal was thick, and should have been impossible to bend, let alone break.

I shook my head slowly, gradually lowering myself to the cold floor. I saw the door, and the fear that twisted in my stomach pushed my feet forward, making a run for it. Suddenly an arm slid around my waist pulling me back. It swung me into a white tiled room which I guessed was the bathroom.

A sudden jolt of pain erupted in stomach. I felt myself go into convulsion and I bent over the sink, my body expelling thick black liquid from my mouth. I chocked and gagged until my throat was sore. "Shit." I croaked.

Looking up, I faced my reflection in the mirror above the sink. I looked the same, apart from the prominent bags under my eyes and grey-looking skin. My practically black hair hung messily around my face and my red lips were dry and cracked. My silver eyes were duller than usual, and my small body was consumed with anguish.

I looked down at the sink that was slowly draining the blubbery, black liquid. It was darker than the pitch black of midnight. "What....?" I whispered. Quickly I turned on the taps, letting the clear water wash away the inky substance.

"You're a mess." I spun around instaneously, feeling my heart beat quicken heavily.

"Who are you?" I grumbled. frowning. I could finally get a good look at his face. He was dark, brooding. His hair was black and short, but long enough for him to have that messy I just got out of bed look. The short stubble that grew from his chin worked wonders; it gave him an unbelievably sexy look. His silvery green eyes and his jaw line were just perfection. He was muscular, but not too muscular, and slightly tall. But I could feel a darkness radiating off him. A heavy, imposing shadow, that was chilling and intimidating.

He smirked slightly, and stepped forward, peering into the sink. I glanced over, realizing the black vomit had not fully drained. Stumbling back, I grabbed his biceps and pushed him away. I sent him flying. My small assault launched him across the bathroom and into the opposite wall. What the- "I-I'm..." I gasped.

"Fuck," he muttered, as he pushed himself up with ease. I expected him to have a few broken bones or something, but he was completely fine. Apart from the slight limp. "Well, I expected you to have some strength... but, not as much as that."

I didn't even know this creep, "Who the hell are you?" I tremoured. "What did you do to me! And where the hell am I?!" I felt a sudden rage. This guy had kidnapped me, possibly hurt me, and brought me to some place in the middle of no where. I felt something click inside of me, sparking a raging fire, I felt it spread through my veins, giving me power, until it reached my heart. My fingers exploded with pain; my teeth felt like they were stretching agonizingly, and I spun to the mirror.

My eyes were not my usual silver, but a radiant gold, my canines were sharp and pointed, just like fangs. My hair reached down the sides of my face - which had been totally transformed. Remembering the pain in my fingers I slowly brought my hands to my face. The nails were no longer blunt and short. but long, sharp and curved. Just like claws.In fact, looking in the mirror, a sudden realization sprung to mind. I looked just like a... just like a wolf.

I turned to him. Something had taken over my body, something with such deep animosity it scared me. Our eyes locked squarley. His eyes weren't the same as mine, not rich gold, but a cold blue. He too had fangs and claws, and his hair, too, reached down the sides of his face.

"Calm down," he growled slowly. "You don't know how to control this. Let me explain-" Suddenly I burst into action, pulsing my aching legs forward. I leaped at him, connectiong roughly with his shoulders. Though I was light, the impact still pushed him over, but he nver hit the ground. He twisted around so that I fell, and hit the ground. Hard. Grunting in pain, I attempted to slide away from beneath him, but he pushed down on my arms so that I was pinned to the ground. "Breathe. Seriously. Just breath and I'll let go." I closed my eyes and tried to steady my heart. I felt the anger drain away, and a sudden weakness washed over me.

"What am I?" I asked weakly. He gazed down at me, and I could see sadness in his eyes. He shifted off me and stood up, offering me his hand. "Tell me." I refused to get up.

"I'm Gale Coles and look, I'm going to tell you, but it might take a while. So do you want to stay on the floor or sit on the couch?"

========================================================So what do you think? Like it?

Please feel free to vote and leave helpful comments anytime, thanks ;)

========================================================