▷ THREE

"Oh, by the way, is it okay if I call you Lisa?" She asked when we sat down on the bus, which luckily was not packed. Or maybe unluckily because that meant awkward silences between us. Like right now.

I don't know how to answer her. I guess it is okay, it's just a simple nickname. I sometimes prefer to go by Lisa anyway. And I thought that since Chaeyoung is the first person from school I've had an actual conversation with, I might as well let her call me Lisa, right? I don't feel sad, if anything I feel relieved someone other than my grandma (or myself when I'm thinking) have called me Lisa. My grandma has always been the one to call me by nicknames. Another one is Pokpak (my personal favorite). Not even my parents and I don't know why but it's always been Pranpriya (my real Thai name) or Lalisa.

I forgot I had to give her an answer. "So, I'm guessing the silence means a no?" She said, calmly as if she understands if I'm not okay with it. The only way I knew how to respond, well the only way I could think of, was by saying a little joke. I felt people in her life that were special to her probably gave her nicknames so that's why she'd understand why I'm not okay with it. So to lighten the mood, I pouted at her. "What's that for? Woah, I would never think you were the type of girl that does aegyo."

I continued my act. "Don't you like the name Lalisa, why would you want to shorten it?" I said, in a child's voice. She just stared at me and started cringing. I mentally cringed too but hey I can't stop my performance. "That does not suit you at all." Chaeyoung said while looking like a baby that tasted lemon for the first time.

"What do you mean? I'm a flower." I said, giving her puppy eyes and resting my chin on my hands. She did something that I did not expect.

She laughed.

It wasn't a giggle, a small chuckle, or a little snort. She laughed out loud with her head back, her eyes shut close and hands to cover her mouth because she was smiling wide. She was actually laughing.

And she looks so adorable.

I mean, what?

I shushed that thought away, yet I kept staring at her. She's been laughing for a minute now, when she stops and wipes the tears forming in her eyes. Obviously not from sadness. I made this fucking girl cry from laughter. My proudest moment ever.

"Hey, it's rude to laugh at people." I said to her, and she giggled in return. I made this girl giggle too.

"Well it's just weird." She said smiling to herself more so than me. "Hm?"

"I mean you're Lalisa Manoban. I've asked many people about you, and most of them said the same thing. They talked about how mysterious you are and how no one truly knows you. Some of them disliked you for it." Woah, this girl really asked about me? Am I really that interesting? If I was, why won't people at school talk to me as if they really wanted to get to know me. No one has except for Chaeyoung. I guess that's why I feel comfortable around her? Though we only met today. She continued.

"I even asked Mrs. Baek and she told me you try to stay far away from people. Anyway, they all included that you're extremely talented. So, of course I want to get to know you and someone who is mysterious I would expect you to be cold but really you're a fucking dork."

She laughed when she said that and so did I. Then I noticed we were at our destination.

"C'mon, Chaeng." I said Chaeng in my aegyo voice, but Chaeyoung just gave me a confused look. I just smiled at her then I took her hand as we jogged out of the bus.