9

"I don't think that's a good idea, Ms. Danvers." Lena crossed her arms and leaned against the door way, smirking.

"Why is that?" Kara asked, arching an eyebrow and smiling.

"Because we are just friends. If not that, then what would we be?"

"Does that even really matter? I am always thinking before doing, can't this one time be an exception? Just give me this?" The Kryptonian pleaded quietly.

"Fine." The green eyed woman shook her head and smiled as she walked over towards Kara. "You are really something else."

"You have no idea." The alien snorted.

"Is that supposed to mean something?" Lena asked, sitting beside her and lying in her lap.

"What? Pfft. N-no. I was j-just saying, because i- shut up." Kara said putting her hand over the Luthor's mouth. Lena's tongue swiped across her palm, making her quickly retract her hand. "Ewww! Lena! Gross!"

"Haha, whoops." She laughed and smile up at Kara.

"I don't think I've told you this, but uh, ha, I really like the fun side of you." She admitted, with a bright smile.

Lena scoffed and playfully glared at Kara. "So, what? I wasn't fun before?"

"Uh, what? N-no! Th-that wasn't what I was saying. I mean, well, you have to admit that you can be sort of, professional all the time. And now here you are, being you."

"Being me?" Lena quirked an eyebrow and smirked at Kara, who pushed up her glasses and smiled shyly.

"Being you. With your hair down and making jokes and being intimate. I like this you. I like knowing that after all you've been through, there's still a person in you. This amazing, smart, good person."

"How can you believe that I'm good, Kara? How can you look at me, and not see me turning out like Lex?" Lena whispered, her eyes studying Kara closely.

"Because, you aren't like them. You could've easily went down that same path, but here you are; trying to make a difference, trying to change things for the better. I think that's worth something. I think that proves something. I think there is so much more to you, than you let on. You showed me that tonight, and the other night at my apartment. You like having fun, and you are artistic in a way, and have this great personality." Kara's blue eyes sparkled as she smiled at Lena.

"Kara Danvers, you are too sweet." Lena said while she yawned.

"Yeah, probably." Kara nodded and laughed quietly. "I have a kind of personal question for you."

"Hm?"

"Ha-Have you ever fallen in love, Lena?" The room stayed silent for a moment.

Lena looked into Kara's eyes deeply, and almost wanted to say, 'I believe I am, yes.' But, she hadn't ever. She'd been in a relationship or two, but never fallen in love. And there was no way she was falling in love now. Not with her friend.

"No." Lena replied just above a whisper. "Kara, I don't even know what love is, let alone what it actually feels like."

Kara brushed a strand of hair away from Lena's face and smiled at her. "You're kind of lucky then."

"Lucky?" She cocked an eyebrow and shot her a quizzical look. "What do you mean 'lucky'?"

"Well, I wouldn't say that it was exactly love, but it was probably the closest I've ever been to it. My friend, James, well, I ended up liking him. A lot. But, he was with this girl Lucy, or there was always something that just didn't allow us to be together. Which at the time, really bothered me because I wanted it so bad. Sometimes it's an amazing feeling in the right situation, other times, it's the worst thing in the world." Kara looked away from Lena for a moment and chewed her lip, remembering all of it.